Matsushima Prefectural Natural Park
|Matsushima Prefectural Natural Park|
|Location||Miyagi Prefecture, Japan|
|Established||9 September 1902|
Matsushima Prefectural Natural Park (県立自然公園松島 Kenritsu shizen kōen Matsushima?) is a Prefectural Natural Park on the east coast of Miyagi Prefecture, Japan. First designated for protection in 1902, the park spans the municipalities of Higashimatsushima, Matsushima, Rifu, Shichigahama, and Shiogama. The park centres upon the eponymous pine islands of Matsushima (Special Place of Scenic Beauty).
- National Parks of Japan
- List of Special Places of Scenic Beauty, Special Historic Sites and Special Natural Monuments
- Minami Sanriku Kinkasan Quasi-National Park
- "Designation of the Natural Parks of Miyagi Prefecture". Miyagi Prefecture. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- "Matsushima Prefectural Natural Park". Miyagi Prefecture. Retrieved 5 February 2012.
- (Japanese) Maps of Matsushima Prefectural Natural Park (18 & 24)
|This article about a national/quasi-national park or protected area in Japan, or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|