Matt's Bar in June, 2014
|Slogan||Home of the Original "Jucy Lucy"|
|Current owner(s)||Scott Nelson|
|Street address||3500 Cedar Avenue South Minneapolis, Minnesota|
|Other information||Founder Matt Bristol|
The bar was originally named Mr. Nibbs prior to 1954, where Matt Bristol worked. It was reopened with the name Matt's Bar in 1954. In 1998 Scott Nelson purchased the bar from the original owner Matt Bristol.
In a 1998 City Pages article, Cheryl Bristol, the daughter of bar founder and namesake Matt Bristol, told of how one day in 1954, a customer asked a cook to put two hamburger patties together and seal up some cheese in the middle. When the customer bit into the sandwich, he was heard to exclaim, "That's one juicy Lucy!"
- "Matt's dispels report predicting the demise of Jucy Lucy cheeseburger". Star Tribune. March 12, 1997.
- Motz, George (2008). Hamburger America. p. 125. ISBN 9780762431021.
- Boller, Jay (2008-03-13). "Burger Battle". MN Daily. Retrieved 2009-11-30.
- Grumdahl, Dara Moskowitz (August 12, 1998). "A Tribe Called Lucy". City Pages. Archived from the original on November 13, 2013.
- "The Names Behind the Places". Pioneer Press. March 24, 2000.
- Matt's Bar Original Painting, retrieved January 1, 2018
- "Family: Original Owner Of Matt's Bar Dies Day Of Obama Visit". WCCO-TV. June 26, 2014. Retrieved June 27, 2014.
|This US-based restaurant or restaurant chain article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|