|Sir Matthew David Baggott|
|Born||1959 (age 56–57)
Commander of the Order of the British Empire
Queen's Police Medal
|Department||Police Service of Northern Ireland|
Baggott joined the Metropolitan Police in 1978. He moved to West Midlands Police as Assistant Chief Constable in 1998, and was promoted to Deputy Chief Constable in 2001. He was appointed Chief Constable of Leicestershire Constabulary in 2002.
In September 2009, he succeeded Sir Hugh Orde as Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland. In January 2014, it was announced that he would retire from the PSNI in September 2014, having deciding that he would not apply to extend his contract. On 5 June 2014, he announced that he would retire earlier than planned; stepping down on 29 June.
He is President of the Christian Police Association.
Baggott was awarded the Queen's Police Medal (QPM) in the 2004 Birthday Honours, and was appointed Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in the 2008 New Year Honours 'for services to the Police'. He was knighted in the 2015 New Year Honours for services to policing.
|Knight Bachelor (Kt)||
|Order of the British Empire (CBE)||
|Queen's Police Medal (QPM)||
|Queen Elizabeth II Golden Jubilee Medal||
|Queen Elizabeth II Diamond Jubilee Medal||
|Police Long Service and Good Conduct Medal|
- Profile: Matt Baggott – The Times
- "Baggott appointed new PSNI chief". BBC News. 11 August 2009. Retrieved 20 November 2013.
- "Matt Baggott to step down as NI chief constable". BBC News. 22 January 2014. Retrieved 22 January 2014.
- Kearney, Vincent. "Chief constable Matt Baggott to retire earlier". BBC News. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Christian Police Association – National Staff". 18 October 2013.
- The London Gazette: . 12 June 2004. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- 2008 New Year Honours List
- The London Gazette: . 29 December 2007. Retrieved 5 August 2013.
- The London Gazette: . 31 December 2014.
- 2015 New Year Honours List
- BBC News Profile: Matt Baggott
- Belfast Telegraph: Matt Baggott appointed new Northern Ireland police chief
Judith Gillespie (acting)
|Chief Constable of the Police Service of Northern Ireland
|This biography article about law enforcement in the United Kingdom is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|