Beaumont made his debut in 2000 with the comic novel, e. The Novel of Liars, Lunch and Lost Knickers, which consists entirely of e-mails composed by the staff of one advertising office. A recent example of an epistolary novel, it is generally recognised as one of the first e-mail novels.
Beaumont is married to novelist Maria Beaumont. They have two children and live in London.
- e (2000)
- The e Before Christmas (2000)
- The Book, the Film, the T-shirt (2002)
- Staying Alive (2004)
- Where There's a Will (2007)
- Small World (2008)
- e Squared (2009)
- "Matthew Beaumont Biography". HarperCollins. Retrieved 8 February 2007.
- Forshaw, Barry. "e: A Novel (Paperback)". amazon.co.uk. Retrieved 9 February 2007.
- "Jamie Kane". BBC. Archived from the original on 13 August 2006. Retrieved 8 February 2007.
- "BBC Plans A Mainstream ARG for UK Audience". deaddrop. Archived from the original on 3 August 2007. Retrieved 14 August 2005.