|Date of birth:||December 26, 1982|
|Place of birth:||Scarsdale, New York|
|Height:||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Weight:||265 lb (120 kg)|
|High school:||Greenville (NY) Edgemont|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at ArenaFan.com|
Matt Bernstein (born December 26, 1982) is a former American football Fullback. He played college football at University of Wisconsin–Madison. He attempted to play in the Arena Football League after a stint in the National Football League with the Detroit Lions.  He was inducted into the National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in 2006. He has two brothers, Alex and Ben.
- Two-time Class C Player of the Year selection at Edgemont Junior – Senior High School in New York.
- Played fullback, linebacker and tight end.
- Rushed for 1,885 yards and 25 scores as a junior.
- Added 37 touchdowns and 2,002 yards on the ground and made 108 tackles with seven forced fumbles as a senior, earning the prep version of the Heisman Trophy for that performance.
- Finished his career ranked third all-time in New York prep annals in scoring with 504 points.
- Con Edison Scholar-Athlete
As a junior, Bernstein, who is Jewish, fasted in observance of the religious holiday Yom Kippur prior to a game against Penn State. Bernstein recovered from the fast with a "pregame IV bag, and during the game, moved on to turkey slices, fruit and the Penn State defense", according to ESPN.
- Produced 53 touchdown-resulting blocks for a ground game that totaled 71 rushing touchdowns during his first three seasons at Wisconsin.
- Averaged 10 knockdown blocks per game and made 11 touchdown resulting blocks as a pass protector.
- Preseason All-American and All-Big Ten Conference first-team selection by The NFL Draft Report as a senior.
- Inducted into the National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame in 2006.
- Started every game as a junior and finished third on the team with a career-high 300 rushing yards and a touchdown.
- Played in every game in 2003 as a sophomore and emerged as the starting fullback.
- Elroy Hirsch Football Scholarship.
- Academic All-Big Ten Conference selection as a redshirt freshman.
- Signed by the Lions as an undrafted free agent.
- "Former Badger gets taste of Israel", Jerusalem Post, December 29, 2006
- "Philadelphia Soul Sign FB's Matt Bernstein and George Layne – AFL", The Raw Feed, January 18, 2007
- "Matt Bernstein Draft Profile". FoxSports.com. Retrieved September 1, 2007.
- "44 Matt Bernstein". DetroitLions.com. Archived from the original on August 5, 2007. Retrieved September 1, 2007.
- Mietkiewicz, Mark. "To play or pray: Yom Kippur and Jewish pro athletes". St. Louis Jewish Light. Retrieved September 14, 2013.
- Maisel, Ivan. "Bernstein feasted on Penn State after fasting". ESPN. Retrieved 3 April 2014.
- Profile of Bernstein on National Jewish Sports Hall of Fame web site.
- Badger Chalk Talk, Fall 2002, Volume 02, Issue 3.
- Video highlights of Bernstein.
- "Leader of Edgemont High Team Runs Through the Competition", profile of Bernstein in New York Times, December 3, 2000, by Chuck Slater.