Matt Blake (baseball)
|New York Yankees|
Blake attended Concord High School in Concord, New Hampshire. Blake attended the College of the Holy Cross, and played college baseball all four years for the Crusaders. Blake graduated from Holy Cross with degrees in psychology and philosophy.
Blake started his baseball coaching career in 2009 as the pitching coach for Lincoln-Sudbury Regional High School in Sudbury, Massachusetts, and as a pitching coordinator for Cressey Sports Performance in Hudson, Massachusetts. Blake began his career in professional baseball in 2010 as an associate scout for the New York Yankees. He served as the pitching coach for the Yarmouth–Dennis Red Sox of the Cape Cod League during the 2015 season. He joined the Cleveland Indians organization in 2015 as a lower level pitching coordinator, and later was promoted to assistant director of pitching development in 2016.
He was hired by the Yankees as their pitching coach on November 7, 2019.
- Andrew Mills (November 7, 2019). "Yankees hire new pitching coach: What you need to know about Matt Blake". NJ.com. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- "Matt Blake". Linkedin. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- Jeff Passan (November 7, 2019). "Yankees hire Matt Blake as pitching coach". ESPN.com. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- Wesley Sykes (August 12, 2015). "Matt Blake: The Man Behind Y-D's Arms". Yarmouth–Dennis Red Sox. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- Tom O'Sullivan (March 29, 2016). "Concord native Blake's pitching acumen lands him job with Indians". Concord Monitor. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- "Yankees hiring Matt Blake as pitching coach to replace Larry Rothschild". The Record. November 7, 2019. Retrieved November 7, 2019.
- Career statistics and player information from The Baseball Cube
- Holy Cross Crusaders bio
- Matt Blake on Twitter
| New York Yankees Pitching Coach
|This biographical article relating to an American baseball figure is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|