||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (May 2014) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Bullen was educated at the Royal Grammar School, Guildford and the University of Birmingham, UK. He now lives in Seattle. He co-wrote some Family: the web series episodes with Terisa Greenan. He has also written about polyamory for publications including The Idler. He has spoken about polyamorous parenting on national and international television, and other forums. The Newsweek feature that centered on his family, and on "Family: the web series", was listed as a Newsweek's Editors' Top Ten article in 2009. In June 2015, this article was cited by Chief Justice John Roberts as part of his dissent to the decision legalizing same-sex marriage in the USA. 
Bullen has contributed articles on other subjects to publications including the Dancing Times and the Comedy Review and he conducted what was possibly the last extensive interview with Monty Python's Graham Chapman.
- Matt Bullen at the Internet Movie Database
- Warner Bros. Online (2010-02-09). "It's Not Swinging If You're Committed!". momlogic.com. Retrieved 2011-07-14.
- Minx, Cunning (2010-10-02). "Poly Weekly 249: Poly Parenting « Polyamory Weekly". Polyweekly.com. Retrieved 2011-07-14.
- Jessica Bennett July 29, 2009 (2009-07-29). "Polyamory: The Next Sexual Revolution?". Newsweek. Retrieved 2011-07-14.
- "Monty Python's Life of Brian (1979) @ EOFFTV". Eofftv.com. Retrieved 2011-07-26.
|This article about an English writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|