Matt Evans (rugby union)
|Birth name||Matthew Evans|
|Date of birth||2 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Salisbury, England|
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||89 kg (196 lb)|
|School||Shawnigan Lake School|
|Rugby union career|
Matthew Evans (born 2 January 1988) is a Canadian former rugby union player who most recently played for the Cornish Pirates in the RFU Championship. He is a utility back and has played in various back-line positions including fly-half, centre, wing, and fullback.
Evans competed at the 2008 IRB Junior World Championship representing Canada. He played five games and scored two tries, one versus Scotland and one versus Australia. Evans made his international debut for the Canada senior men's team in 2008 against Ireland at Thomond Park in Limerick.
On March 9th, 2020, Evans hung up his boots, retiring from professional rugby whilst taking on the role of Team Manager for the Cornish Pirates.
- Dragons recruit Canada full-back Matt Evans
- Newport Gwent Dragons confirm 16 players are leaving
- Dragons shed 17 players
- "Dragons Players Released". Archived from the original on 20 March 2012. Retrieved 26 May 2011.
- "Canada names final 30 man squad for Rugby World Cup". Archived from the original on 12 October 2016. Retrieved 23 July 2011.
- "Pirates snap up Canadian international". Archived from the original on 23 October 2011. Retrieved 21 October 2011.