Matt Ferguson (born November 30, 1966 in Bloomington, Indiana) is an American CEO for the largest online job site CareerBuilder.com. An alumnus of Indiana University, Ferguson also holds an MBA from the University of Chicago Graduate School of Business and a law degree from Northwestern University School of Law.
He joined CareerBuilder in 2000 and served as the vice president of business development and COO until 2004. He became CEO in 2004 and over the next few years turned CareerBuilder.com into the online recruitment industry leader.  
On 23 October 2013, "The Talent Equation: Big Data Lessons for Navigating the Skills Gap and Building a Competitive Workforce" was published; it was co-authored by Ferguson, Lorin Hitt, and Prasanna Tambe.
In 2004, Crain’s Chicago Business named Ferguson one of the “40 under 40”. 
In 2007, Ferguson was awarded the Staffing Professional of the Year by the Staffing Management Association of Greater Chicago formerly EMA Chicago.
- "CareerBuilder.com Appoints Matt Ferguson Chief Executive Officer". 9 June 2004. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "CareerBuilder Underscores Lead in Traffic and Revenue". BizJournals. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- Zappe, John (1 March 2012). "Monster May Be For Sale". ERE.net. Retrieved 11 June 2012.
- "The Talent Equation". Retrieved 9 January 2014.
- Mullman, Jeremy 40 Under 40 2004