|This article needs additional citations for verification. (January 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Matt Firor is a video game producer and designer of massively multiplayer online role-playing games (MMORPGs). Firor is best known for his involvement in games such as Dark Age of Camelot and The Elder Scrolls Online.
Matt Firor's first foray into online gaming was a failed attempt in 1987 to license The Scepter of Goth BBS MUD. The second, more successful project was the co-founding of Interesting Systems (ISI) with Rob Denton and two others, in 1990. At ISI, Firor was co-designer and lead content developer for ISI's multi-user BBS game Tempest (later renamed Darkness Falls).
ISI merged with Adventures Unlimited Software to form Mythic Entertainment in 1995. Firor stayed at Mythic from 1995–2006, where he was the producer of most of Mythic's titles, including the worldwide MMORPG bestseller Dark Age of Camelot and its first two expansions.
Firor was vice-president of product development at Mythic, where he was - along with COO Rob Denton - responsible for the management of all of Mythic's development projects. In 2005-06, he led up Mythic's internal console technology team which assessed the future of MMORPGs on next-generation console platforms.
In June 2006, Firor left Mythic Entertainment to found Ultra Mega Games a consulting company specializing in online gaming services. August 1, 2007, Matt was hired by ZeniMax Media Inc., parent company of Bethesda Softworks, to head ZeniMax Online Studios. Firor is currently the president of ZeniMax Online and running the division. He and his team are working on The Elder Scrolls Online.
- 1991 Tempest (content/design)
- 1996 Rolemaster: Magestorm (producer/design)
- 1996 Splatterball (producer/design)
- 1997 Darkness Falls (producer/design/content)
- 1997 Rolemaster: Bladelands (producer)
- 1998 Aliens Online (producer/design)
- 1998 Starship Troopers: Battlespace (producer)
- 1998 Godzilla Online (producer)
- 1999 Silent Death Online (producer/lead designer)
- 1999 Darkness Falls: The Crusade (producer)
- 1999 Splatterball Plus (producer)
- 1999 Darkstorm: The Well of Souls (producer)
- 1999 Spellbinder: The Nexus Conflict (producer/design)
- 2001 Dark Age of Camelot (producer/design)
- 2002 Dark Age of Camelot: Shrouded Isles (producer/design)
- 2003 Dark Age of Camelot: Trials of Atlantis (executive producer)
- 2004 Dark Age of Camelot: Catacombs (executive producer)
- 2014 The Elder Scrolls Online (director)