|Occupation||CBC Radio broadcaster|
|Known for||The Current, Metro Morning|
Matt Galloway (born 1970/1971) is a Canadian radio personality, who debuted in January 2020 as the host of The Current on CBC Radio One. Previously, he was the host of Metro Morning on the network's Toronto station CBLA-FM from 2010 to 2019. Galloway succeeded Andy Barrie as host of Metro Morning effective March 1, 2010. Galloway has also been heard nationally as a host of Canada Live and Podcast Playlist, and as an occasional guest host of The Current prior to his selection as the program's permanent host.
Early life and education
Galloway took over as the new permanent host of The Current on January 6, 2020, succeeding Anna Maria Tremonti to become the national current affairs programme's second permanent host. Galloway's final day as host of Metro Morning was on December 6, 2019.
- "CBC's Galloway to replace Barrie on Metro Morning". cbc.ca, February 8, 2010.
- "Metro Morning's new voice, new view". Toronto Star, February 9, 2010.
- "Matt Galloway to replace Andy Barrie as host of CBC Radio's Metro Morning"[permanent dead link]. National Post, February 8, 2010.
- Abhya Adlakha, "CBC’s Matt Galloway leaving ‘Metro Morning’ for ‘The Current’". Toronto Star, October 24, 2019.
- Gutauskas, Kristina. "Goodnight, Andy. Good Morning, Matt". Ryerson Review of Journalism. Retrieved 2021-01-14.
- CBC.ca Metromorning: About the Host
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matt Galloway.|
- Matt Galloway at CBC.ca