|Full name||Matthew Gold|
|Date of birth||June 14, 1988|
|Place of birth||West Palm Beach, Florida, United States|
|Height||5 ft 9 in (1.75 m)|
|2007–2010||Ohio State Buckeyes|
|2009||Austin Aztex U23||2||(0)|
|2012||San Antonio Scorpions||8||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of September 12, 2014.
College and Amateur
Gold began his youth career playing for Lonestar Soccer Club in Austin, Texas, where he also attended St. Stephen's Episcopal School, a prestigious academic day and boarding school with a soccer and tennis academy intended for students with an interest in the college and professional levels. He then went on to play four years of college soccer for Ohio State University. During his college years he also played for Austin Aztex U23 in the USL Premier Development League.
Gold was selected by Toronto FC in the third round (43rd overall) of the 2011 MLS SuperDraft, and was officially signed by the club on March 18, 2011. He made his professional debut on April 30, 2011, coming on as a substitute in a game against Seattle Sounders FC. Gold made his CONCACAF Champions League debut in a group stage match against UNAM Pumas as a second half sub for Richard Eckersley on September 27, the game ended in a 1-1 home draw. He was released by Toronto in November 2011.
Last updated on September 27, 2011
- "2011 MLS SuperDraft Tracker". MLSsoccer.com. Major League Soccer. Retrieved 2011-01-14.
- "TFC Gets Golden | Toronto FC". torontofc.ca. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "Depleted Reds Earn CCL Draw". Toronto FC. September 27, 2011.
- "Matt Gold released by Toronto FC. - Waking The Red". wakingthered.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.
- "| NASL". nasl.com. Retrieved 2016-07-25.