This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
This article includes a list of references, related reading or external links, but its sources remain unclear because it lacks inline citations. (October 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Hanson in 2004
17 September 1971 |
|Occupation||writer, filmmaker, producer|
Matt Hanson (born 17 September 1971) is an author, film producer, and film director, specializing in digital art. He has created a series of projects which investigate cinema's possible futures, including A Swarm of Angels, onedotzero, and book projects including The End of Celluloid. As creator of A Swarm of Angels he has become concerned with issues relating to Creative Commons, Free Culture, Open source culture, crowdsourcing, and File sharing.
Matt Hanson is a filmmaker who created the onedotzero digital film festival & organisation, and is the author of a series of books on digital film, including The End of Celluloid: film futures in the digital age.
He has made a multitude of successful and innovative short films (including the award-winning Salaryman 6, with Jake Knight, and City of Hollow Mountains with The Light Surgeons), television series for Channel 4 (UK), and is considered an expert in moving image trends.
As an advocate of digital film and alternative moving image in the 1990s he championed and showcased UK premieres of work by then relative unknowns Spike Jonze, Chris Cunningham, Michel Gondry and Jonathan Glazer.
|Wikinews has related news: Film project aims to raise £1 million to make a Creative Commons-licensed film|
He was chosen as a participant in the inaugural Creators Series 2007, a showcase of emerging creativity and ideas in New York and Los Angeles by Tomorrow Unlimited.
Books published include:
- The End of Celluloid: Film futures in the digital age, Rotovision, 2004
- Motion blur: graphic moving imagemakers, Laurence King, 2004
- Sci-Fi Moviescapes, Rotovision, 2005
- Reinventing Music Video, Rotovision, 2006
- On Air: A Visual History of MTV, DGV, 2005
- Matt Hanson's website
- A Swarm of Angels website
- Eternal Gaze blog
- Form in Motion, Adobe Think Tank Interview
- Ten People Who Could Change the World, Revolutionaries Special Report, Forbes.com at Archive.is (archived 2013-01-23)
- The Future of Cinema: Matt Hanson discusses A Swarm of Angels, Assignment Zero, Wired Crowdfunding Journalism project
- A Swarm of Angels Crowdsourcing film production interview, The Social Web zdnet blog
|This article about a British film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about an English writer, poet or playwright is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|