|Born||June 19, 1964|
|Occupation(s)||Producer, engineer, mixer, musician|
|Associated acts||Slayer, Children of Bodom, Monster Magnet, Porno for Pyros, Hatebreed, Sum41|
Matt Hyde (born June 19, 1964) is an American producer, engineer, mixer and musician. From 1982 to 1985 he attended Berklee College of Music in Boston. While still at Berklee in 1984, he obtained an internship at Pyramid Recording Studio in Boston. After two semesters at Berklee, Hyde took a break from classes to tour for the Department of Defense overseas entertainment program, playing guitar and keyboards in several top 40 cover bands that played shows at U.S. military bases in foreign countries throughout Europe and the Pacific. When he returned to the U.S., he began working at recording studios, first in Boston and from 1989 in Los Angeles.
While working as a staff engineer at Paramount Recording Studios in Los Angeles, Hyde worked with Cypress Hill in preparation for their debut album. He produced several other notable hip hop acts including Freestyle Fellowship, Boo Yaa T.R.I.B.E., and Daddy Freddy.
Matt Hyde met Perry Farrell and produced (with Perry) tracks on the debut album for Porno for Pyros, as well as Good God's Urge. Hyde was so involved with the group that he appeared on the artwork for the single "Sadness" (he is in the center holding the small keyboard), as well as in the video for that song.
Hyde has been credited as engineer, producer, mixer and/or mastering engineer on notable albums including No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, Monster Magnet's Powertrip, Slayer's God Hates Us All, Hatebreed's Perseverance, Parkway Drive's Atlas, and two Deftones albums.
|Red Sun Rising||Thread||Produced, engineered|
|Big Jesus||Oneiric||Co-produced, engineered, mixed|
|Deftones||Gore||Co-produced, engineered, mixed||#2 debut, Billboard Top 200|
|ASG||Blood Drive||Produced, engineered, mixed||Named #13 best album of 2013 by Spin Magazine|
|Parkway Drive||Atlas||Produced, engineered, mixed||Triple J "Album of the Year" nominee (2012)|
|Deftones||Koi No Yokan||Engineered|
|The 69 Eyes||Back in Blood||Produced, engineered, mixed|
|Pride Tiger||The Lucky Ones||Produced, engineered, mixed, co-wrote||Juno nominee for "Rock Album of the Year"|
|Hatebreed||Perseverance||Produced, engineered||CMJ Loud Rock Album of the Year|
|Slayer||God Hates Us All||Produced, engineered, mixed||Includes "Disciple" which was nominated for a Grammy for "Best Metal Performance"|
|Monster Magnet||Powertrip||Produced, engineered, mixed|
|Children of Bodom||Relentless Reckless Forever||Produced, engineered, mixed|
- "Allmusic credits for Porno For Pyros debut album". Allmusic.com. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Allmusic credits for Good God's Urge". Allmusic. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Artwork for "Sadness" single". Jane's Addiction. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Video for "Sadness"". YouTube. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Allmusic credits for "Tragic Kingdom"". Allmusic. Retrieved September 2, 2016.
- "Grammy database shows Jonny Lang's album won Grammy". Grammy/NARAS. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- "Rolling Stone interview with Deftones discusses Matt Hyde's involvement". Rolling Stone. Retrieved September 6, 2016.
- "Billboard chart". Billboard.com. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "Spin's top albums of 2013". Spin. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "Triple J nominees". Triple J. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "Juno nominees". Juno.
- "CMJ's list of best albums". CMJ. December 30, 2002. Retrieved September 27, 2016.
- "Rock On The Net lis of Grammy nominees".