|Born||Matthew C. Iseman
January 22, 1971
|Alma mater||Columbia University College of Physicians and Surgeons
|Occupation||Comedian, actor, television host, physician|
|Height||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
Early life and medical career
Iseman was born in Denver, Colorado.
Iseman began doing stand-up comedy, with a routine based partly on his experiences as a doctor. He worked with the improvisational comedy troupe The Groundlings, and in 2002 became a full-time professional comedian. In addition to comedy club work, Iseman’s medical background has led to performing medical and health-related organizations. He has performed at USO shows in Afghanistan, South Korea, Bosnia, and Hungary.
He cites Brian Regan as a comedy inspiration. Iseman's comedy outside of humor about medicine and medical profession is mainly observational, and he generally avoids off-color material.
Iseman has hosted the game shows Scream Play on E! and Casino Night on the GSN. He appears as a regular cast member on the home makeover show Clean House and its companion outtakes show, Clean House Comes Clean, both on the Style Network. Additionally, he has hosted 6 out of 7 seasons of American Ninja Warrior on the channel G4, with only season 1 that he did not host at all. Iseman began working with American Ninja Warrior in 2010. He uses his athleticism and work as a comedian to add his style to the show with Akbar Gbaja-Biamila (former American professional football player), and Kristine Leahy (sideline correspondent).
He also has worked episodically in television shows including The Drew Carey Show, NCIS, and General Hospital. He has appeared on the syndicated MAD TV, Comedy Central's Premium Blend, Fox's The Best Damn Sports Show Period, and Fox News Channel's Red Eye w/ Greg Gutfeld. He was the narrator of "Dumbest Stuff On Wheels" on "SPEED". As of May 4, 2010, Iseman is the host of Sports Soup, a spin-off of E!'s The Soup, on Versus.
He will also be on the 8th season of The Celebrity Apprentice
- The Drew Carey Show
- General Hospital
- Courting Alex
- NCIS: Naval Criminal Investigative Service
- P Lo's House
- Clean House
- Clean House Comes Clean
- Choke.Kick.Girl: The Series
- Clean House: Messiest Home in the Country
- Dumbest Stuff on Wheels
- American Ninja Warrior
- The Best Time Ever
- "Matt Iseman". TVGuide.com. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved January 28, 2016.
- American Ninja Warrior Hosts, G4; G4; NBC Universal (June 2012). "American Ninja Warrior Hosts". NBC Universal. p. hosts. Retrieved 17 June 2012.
Matt joined the American Ninja Warrior team in 2010. Before co-hosting ANW, Matt had intentions of being a medical doctor but quickly realized stand-up comedy was more in his DNA. He has utilized his energetic, charismatic style around the world performing shows for troops in Iraq, Afghanistan, Korea, Bosnia, Hungary and other top vacation destinations and has been able to parlay that into his work as co-host with Akbar Gbaja-Biamila on American Ninja Warrior.
- Michael Schneider (14 September 2008). "E! heats up 'Sports Soup': Versus to offer sports-flavored edition of show". Variety (Los Angeles, California). Retrieved 2008-12-10.
- Morgan, John; Shoop, Stephen A., M.D. (July 20, 2004). "'Scream Play' host scripts triumph over rheumatoid arthritis,". USA Today. Archived from the original on January 28, 2016. Retrieved January 28, 2016.