|Full name||Matthew Nathaniel Adolphus Joseph|
|Date of birth||30 September 1972|
|Place of birth||Bethnal Green, England|
|Height||5 ft 6 in (1.68 m)|
|2005||→ Histon (loan)||11||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
Joseph was born in the Bethnal Green area of London to Barbadian parents. He played as a defender for Arsenal in his youth career and at the senior level featured for the club Cambridge United with 159 caps. As well he subsequently left Cambridge in 1998 to join up with Leyton Orient for £10,000. The Barbadian won the Player of the Year award three times while at Orient. Joseph in all appeared a total of 230 times both at and away from Brisbane Road.
Joseph won 16 youth caps while featuring for England. Joseph was also capped twice for Barbados, with both caps coming at home against Guatemala and the United States men's national soccer team in 2000.
- Hugman, Barry J., ed. (2003). The PFA Footballers' Who's Who 2003/2004. Queen Anne Press. p. 233. ISBN 1-85291-651-6.
- "Matt Joseph". Football Database.eu.
- "Barbados World Cup player Matthew Joseph to complete GB Soccer Camp coaching roster". The Bahamas Weekly.com.
- "Young coaching standards on the up, says Matthew Joseph". The FA.com.
- "Joseph extends Orient stay". Sky Sports.com.
- Matt Joseph at Soccerbase
- Post War English & Scottish Football League A - Z Player's Transfer Database
- Matt Joseph at National-Football-Teams.com