Matt Joyce (American football)
|No. 77, 73, 75|
|Position:||Guard / Tackle|
March 30, 1972 |
La Crosse, Wisconsin
|Height:||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Weight:||300 lb (136 kg)|
|High school:||New York Military Academy (NY)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Matt Joyce (born March 30, 1972 in La Crosse, Wisconsin) is a former American football guard and tackle in the National Football League for the Seattle Seahawks, Arizona Cardinals and Detroit Lions. He played college football at the University of Richmond.
In 1999, he started 9 games at left tackle and the last 6 at left guard, after L.J. Shelton was moved into the starting lineup. The next year, he started 13 games at left guard and was inactive 3 games with a back injury.
On April 26, 2001, he signed as a free agent with the Detroit Lions. He started 11 games at right tackle and one at left guard. The next year, he started 3 games at right tackle and 3 at left guard. In 2003, he started the last 3 games at left guard in place of an injured Eric Beverly
- "Coleman remains as Smith's understudy". The Victoria Advocate.
- "Bengals release Schroeder". Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
- "Seahawk look for free agents". Ellensburg Daily Record.
- "Today's Joyce re-signs with Cardinals". Today's News-Herald.
- "Around the NFL". Sarasota Herald-Tribune.
- "Extra points". The Victoria Advocate.