Matt Katz (born July 4, 1978) is an American journalist.
Career and works
Katz works for WNYC and New Jersey Public Radio, and has written for Politico, The New York Times, The Washington Post and The New Republic. He was previously a reporter at the Philadelphia Inquirer, the Courier-Post and the Daily Record. He is known for his coverage of New Jersey Governor Chris Christie. He ran The Christie Tracker for New Jersey Public Radio.
Katz was a member of a WNYC team that won a 2015 Peabody Award for its series on Governor Christie entitled, "Chris Christie, White House Ambitions and the Abuse of Power." He won the Livingston Award for International Reporting for a series on reconstruction efforts in Afghanistan.
Prior to becoming a political journalist, Katz was known as South Jersey's Carrie Bradshaw when he wrote a dating advice column.
Background and education
- David, Furst. "This Week in Politics: A Transportation Flap for Christie, Again". wnyc.org. Retrieved 2 July 2016.
- Lavin, Enrique (19 August 2015). "A special live event: Tom Moran & friends dissect Christie's impact on N.J." Star-Ledger. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- Trethan, Phaedra (31 December 2015). "You say you want a resolution? A few suggestions". Courier-Post. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "Matt Katz; employee bio". New Jersey Public Radio. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "WNYC Hires "The Christie Chronicles" Blogger Matt Katz". WNYC. 17 October 2013. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- "The Inquirer's Matt Katz wins the Livingston Award for international reporting". Philadelphia Inquirer. 8 June 2011. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- Alfaro, Alyana (28 December 2015). "Book Review: Matt Katz's 'American Governor'". PolitikerNJ. Retrieved 5 January 2016.
- SHERRYL CONNELLY (17 January 2016). "Chris Christie's hunger for power revealed in new book". NY Daily News.
- "Who Is Chris Christie?". WNYC.
- "Reporter Matt Katz figured the best way to get a girl was to start a dating column-www.njmonthly.com". 21 December 2007. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- Katz, Matt (28 June 2016). "Trump-Inspired Anti-Semitism Prompts Fear, Police Reports...and a Gun Purchase". WNYC News. New York Public Radio. Retrieved 10 May 2017.
For me, it took just a few days of reporting on Trump before I was called a 'Kike.' Then, my name was posted inside triple parentheses.
- "Deborah Hurwitz, Matt Katz". The New York Times. 31 August 2008. Retrieved 15 May 2017.
- "Deborah Hurwitz, Matt Katz - Weddings and Celebrations". 29 August 2008. Retrieved 15 May 2017 – via NYTimes.com.