October 15, 1972 |
Grand Rapids, Michigan, U.S.
|Spouse(s)||Lori Henriques (2005-present)|
Matt Keeslar (born October 15, 1972) is an American actor.
At eighteen, Keeslar moved from Adrian, Michigan to New York City to attend the Juilliard School. The Juilliard faculty had selected him to fill one of twenty spots in Group 24, the twenty-fourth class to participate in Juilliard's rigorous acting program. Along with the group projects Matt performed at Juilliard, he also played the title role in a touring production of Molière's Don Juan, directed by Joseph Chaiken; produced and starred in a student production of "Waiting for Godot"; and participated in several interdepartmental productions.
Keeslar is known for his roles in Waiting for Guffman, The Last Days of Disco and Scream 3, and the miniseries Frank Herbert's Dune and Stephen King's Rose Red. Keeslar starred in the 2008 ABC Family series The Middleman. He established a strong working relationship with South Coast Repertory in Costa Mesa, California, where he performed plays and staged readings.
Keeslar retired from acting in 2010 to pursue a career in science. He penned an essay about the struggles with his acting career and subsequent decision to enroll at Portland Community College. He graduated Phi Beta Kappa from Reed College with a biology degree in May 2014. His biology thesis explored the effects of antimalarials on the brains of frogs. While at Reed he played the "Father" role in Sarah Ruhl's "Eurydice."
- Renaissance Man (1994)
- Quiz Show (1994)
- Safe Passage (1994)
- The Run of the Country (1995)
- A Streetcar Named Desire (1995)
- A Brother's Promise: The Dan Jansen Story (1996)
- The Stupids (1996)
- Waiting for Guffman (1996)
- The Deli (1997)
- Mr. Magoo (1997) - Waldo
- Sour Grapes (1998)
- The Last Days of Disco (1998)
- Thanks of a Grateful Nation (1998)
- Law & Order (1998) TV series
- The Reel (1999)
- Splendor (1999)
- Durango (1999)
- Psycho Beach Party (2000)
- Urbania (2000)
- Scream 3 (2000)
- Íslenski draumurinn (2000)
- Frank Herbert's Dune (2000) TV miniseries
- Thank Heaven (2001)
- Texas Rangers (2001)
- Untitled Secret Service Project (2002)
- Stephen King's Rose Red (2002) TV miniseries
- Live from Baghdad (2002)
- Coupling (US) (2003) TV series
- The Inside (2005) TV series
- In Memory of My Father (2005)
- Masters of Horror (2006) TV series
- The Thirst (2006)
- Open Window (2006)
- Art School Confidential (2006)
- Ghost Whisperer (2006) TV series
- Law & Order: Criminal Intent (2006) TV series
- Numb3rs (2006) TV series
- Snowglobe (2007) TV film
- Jekyll (2007)
- The Middleman (2008) TV series
- Dollhouse (2009) TV series
- Cold Storage (2009)
- Leverage (2010) TV series
- "Matt Keeslar Biography".
- Keeslar, Matthew (2010). "A Hail Mary Pass for the Hard Luck Case" (PDF). Retrieved January 10, 2015.
- "Commencement - Class of 2014". Reed College. Retrieved January 10, 2015.
- "NIU alumna Lori Henriques up for a Grammy". Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- "The Politics of Disco, on Film". The New Yorker. Retrieved August 14, 2017.
- "Whatever happened to ... Matt Keeslar?". Retrieved August 14, 2017.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matt Keeslar.|