The neutrality of this article is disputed. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Matt Kibbe in 2016
|Occupation||President and Chief Community Organizer, Free the People|
Matthew B. Kibbe (//) is the President and Chief Community Organizer of Free the People, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting libertarian ideals. Prior to founding Free the People, he was the President of FreedomWorks, a position he held from 2004–2015. He was formerly CEO, the post now held by Adam Brandon. He originally joined the organization (previously known as Citizens for a Sound Economy) as a policy analyst in 1986. He previously worked as Chief of Staff to U.S. Representative Dan Miller (R-FL), Senior Economist at the Republican National Committee (where he resigned in protest when George H. W. Bush violated his no new taxes pledge), Director of Federal Budget Policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and Managing Editor of Market Process, an academic economics journal published by the Center for the Study of Market Processes at George Mason University.
Kibbe's Free the People argued for the inclusion of third-party candidates in the 2016 presidential debates, and he participated in Our America Initiative's 2016 Liberty Tour to promote this campaign. In an interview with Glenn Beck, Kibbe accused the Commission on Presidential Debates of "rigging" the debates by excluding third parties.
Kibbe's wife, Terry, is the Chief Development Officer for Free the People.
Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto
Kibbe and FreedomWorks Chairman Dick Armey wrote Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto in 2010. The book reached best seller lists including The USA Today[full citation needed] and The Washington Post.
- Armey, Dick; Matt Kibbe (2010). Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0-06-201587-7.
- Kibbe, Matt (2012). Hostile Takeover: Resisting Centralized Government's Stranglehold on America. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0-06-219601-9.
- Kibbe, Matt (2014). Don't Hurt People and Don't Take Their Stuff: A Libertarian Manifesto. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0062308252.
- "About - Free the People". freethepeople.org.
- "Staff - FreedomWorks". www.freedomworks.org.
- Rising from the Dead, Newsmax
- Matt Kibbe Archived January 14, 2013, at the Wayback Machine., FreedomWorks
- Matt Kibbe, HarperCollins Publishers
- Kibbe, Matt (12 November 2016). "Politics really is broken, so let's finish the job, President-Elect Trump". foxnews.com.
- "Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson to Advocate for Third Party Inclusion". good4utah.com. 1 November 2016.
- "Matt Kibbe on Meteors, Millennials and How the Election Is Really Rigged". glennbeck.com. 21 October 2016.
- Rising from the Dead Newsmax Media Archived 2013-10-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- 2, The Washington Post[dead link]
- Levingston, Steven (August 29, 2010). "Political Bookworm - Book World". The Washington Post.