The neutrality of this article is disputed. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (March 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Matt Kibbe in 2016
|Occupation||President and Chief Community Organizer, Free the People|
Matthew B. Kibbe is the President and Chief Community Organizer of Free the People, a non-profit organization dedicated to promoting libertarian ideals. Prior to founding Free the People, he was the President of FreedomWorks, a position he held from 2004–2015. He was formerly CEO, the post now held by Adam Brandon. He originally joined the organization (previously known as Citizens for a Sound Economy) as a policy analyst in 1986. He previously worked as Chief of Staff to U.S. Representative Dan Miller (R-FL), Senior Economist at the Republican National Committee (where he resigned in protest when George H. W. Bush violated his no new taxes pledge), Director of Federal Budget Policy at the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, and Managing Editor of Market Process, an academic economics journal published by the Center for the Study of Market Processes at George Mason University.
Kibbe has been published in publications including The Wall Street Journal, The Washington Times, USA Today, RedState.com, America Spectator and Reason Magazine. On television, Kibbe has appeared on MSNBC’s The Dylan Ratigan Show, MSNBC’s Hardball, FOX News’ Fox & Friends, FOX News’ Glenn Beck, NBC’s The Today Show, FOX News’ America's Newsroom, C-SPAN, FOX News’ Neil Cavuto, FOX Business Network’s Happy Hour, and HBO's Real Time with Bill Maher
Third Party Debate Inclusion Efforts
Kibbe's Free the People made a vigorous effort to help third party candidates gain access to the presidential debates in 2016. In an interview with Glenn Beck he stated that "the rigging of the system goes to the presidential commission alone... This is a nonprofit controlled by the two-party cartel that shockingly decides that they don’t want other parties involved in their debates." He was also part of Our America Initiative's 2016 Liberty Tour, "visiting college campuses and other venues across America to raise awareness about third party inclusion in national presidential debates."
Kibbe's wife, Terry, is the Chief Development Officer for Free the People.
Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto
- Armey, Dick; Matt Kibbe (2010). Give Us Liberty: A Tea Party Manifesto. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0-06-201587-7.
- Kibbe, Matt (2012). Hostile Takeover: Resisting Centralized Government's Stranglehold on America. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0-06-219601-9.
- Kibbe, Matt (2014). Don't Hurt People and Don't Take Their Stuff: A Libertarian Manifesto. New York: William Morrow. ISBN 978-0062308252.
- Rising from the Dead, Newsmax
- Matt Kibbe Archived January 14, 2013, at the Wayback Machine., FreedomWorks
- Matt Kibbe, HarperCollins Publishers
- 6, The Wall Street Journal
- 7, The Washington Times
- 8, Reason.com
- Videos Archived December 16, 2013, at the Wayback Machine., FreedomWorks
- Politics really is broken, so let's finish the job, President-Elect Trump
- Matt Kibbe on Meteors, Millennials and How the Election Is Really Rigged
- Libertarian Candidate Gary Johnson to Advocate for Third Party Inclusion
- Rising from the Dead Newsmax Media Archived 2013-10-13 at the Wayback Machine.
- 2, The Washington Post
- Political Bookworm, The Washington Post