This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (May 2016) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Pandemic, Forbidden Island and Forbidden Desert|
Matt designed Pandemic, published in 2008 by Z-Man Games. Leacock had previously worked as a developer of social media and as a user experience designer, primarily in community and communications products for AOL and Yahoo. He switched to designing board games full time in July 2014.
Pandemic Legacy: Season 1, which Leacock co-designed with Rob Daviau, has been rated very highly among board gamers and by the website Board Game Geek on its board game rankings. His latest games are Pandemic Fall of Rome and Forbidden Sky (both released in 2018).
- Pandemic (2008)
- Roll Through the Ages: The Bronze Age (2008)
- Pandemic: On the Brink (Expansion) (2009)
- Forbidden Island (2010)
- Forbidden Desert (2013)
- Pandemic: In The Lab (Expansion) (2013)
- Pandemic: The Cure (2014)
- Pandemic: State of Emergency (Expansion) (2015)
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 1 (2015)
- Thunderbirds (2015)
- Knit Wit (2016)
- Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu (2016)
- Pandemic Iberia (2016)
- Chariot Race (2016)
- Space Escape (formerly Mole Rats in Space) (2017)
- Pandemic: Rising Tide (2017)
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 2 (2017)
- Pandemic Fall of Rome (2018)
- Forbidden Sky (2018)
- Era: Medieval Age (2019)
- Pandemic Legacy: Season 0 (2020)
- Daybreak (upcoming)
- "Games". Matt Leacock Games. Retrieved 2017-06-19.
- "Matt Leacock - Game Designer - Profile". About.com Home. Retrieved 2016-04-24.
- Yoo, Sharon (27 March 2020). "A board game called 'Pandemic' is big right now...because of course it is". Kare11. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- Borrelli, Christopher (5 March 2020). "Q&A with the Chicago creator of Pandemic, the board game that has become all too real". Chicago Tribune. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- "Pandemic". BoardGameGeek. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- "Matt Leacock and Pandemic Legacy". BBC. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- "About". Matt Leacock Games. Retrieved 2020-09-08.
- Fitzpatrick, Alex (June 30, 2016). "This Board Game Designer Isn't Sorry About Taking a Big Risk". Time Magazine. Retrieved October 29, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Duffy, Owen (January 16, 2016). "Pandemic Legacy review: Emotional highs and agonising lows". The Guardian. Retrieved September 29, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Anderson, Nate (March 12, 2016). "Pandemic Legacy is the best board game ever—but is it "fun?"". Ars Technica. Retrieved October 1, 2016. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Hall, Charlie (April 13, 2021). "Pandemic creator's new board game, Daybreak, is about climate change". Polygon. Retrieved April 16, 2021. CS1 maint: discouraged parameter (link)
- Genovese, Peter (2020-04-03). "Pandemic —the board game — foreshadows current crisis". nj. Retrieved 2020-09-08.