Lindblad in 2014
March 23, 1990|
Evanston, Illinois, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
|Weight||193 lb (88 kg; 13 st 11 lb)|
|Played for||Boston Bruins|
Matthew Maurice Lindblad (born March 23, 1990) is an American former professional ice hockey forward. He is currently a professional scout for the Boston Bruins, having played four games with the Bruins in the National Hockey League (NHL).
Prior to turning professional, Lindblad attended the Dartmouth College where he played three seasons (2010–2013) of NCAA Division I hockey with the Dartmouth Big Green, registering 29 goals, 51 assists, 80 points, and 8 penalty minutes in 89 games played.
On April 5, 2013, the Boston Bruins of the National Hockey League signed Lindblad as a free agent to an entry-level contract. On February 24, 2014, the Bruins recalled Lindblad from their AHL affiliate in Providence, only to be returned to the AHL without seeing NHL action. He finally made his NHL debut on March 15, 2014, playing left wing on the Bruins' fourth-line in a 5–1 win over the Carolina Hurricanes.
On July 1, 2015, Lindblad left the Bruins organization as a free agent and signed a one-year, two-way deal with the New York Rangers. In the 2015–16 season, Lindblad was limited to just 8 games with AHL affiliate, the Hartford Wolf Pack, due to numerous injuries.
At the conclusion of his contract with the Rangers, Lindblad opted to end his playing career. On September 15, 2016, the Boston Bruins announced that Lindblad would be returning to the organization as a professional scout.
|2009–10||Sioux Falls Stampede||USHL||57||24||46||70||20||3||1||2||3||2|
|2015–16||Hartford Wolf Pack||AHL||8||0||1||1||0||—||—||—||—||—|
- "Rookie Matt Lindblad making goo impression with Bruins". Boston Globe. September 25, 2013. Retrieved September 25, 2013.
- "Bruins sign Matt Lindblad to entry-level deal". Boston Bruins. April 5, 2013. Retrieved April 16, 2013.
- "Bruins recall Niklas Svedberg, Matt Lindblad from Providence". New England Sports Network. February 24, 2014. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- "Lindblad happy with his NHL debut". csnne.com. March 15, 2014. Retrieved March 16, 2014.
- "Rangers agree to terms with Free Agent forward Matt Lindblad". New York Rangers. July 1, 2015. Retrieved July 1, 2015.
- "Bruins Announce Hockey Operations Staff Changes". Boston Bruins. September 15, 2016. Archived from the original on September 16, 2016. Retrieved September 15, 2016.
- Biographical information and career statistics from NHL.com, or Eliteprospects.com, or Hockey-Reference.com, or The Internet Hockey Database
|This biographical article relating to an American ice hockey winger is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|