Lojeski, with Olympiacos, in October 2013.
|No. 24 – Panathinaikos|
|Position||Small forward / Shooting guard|
|League||Greek Basket League|
|Born||July 24, 1985|
|Nationality||American / Belgian|
|Listed height||6 ft 6 in (1.98 m)|
|Listed weight||203 lb (92 kg)|
|High school||St. Catherine's (Racine, Wisconsin)|
|NBA draft||2007 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Matthew Thomas "Matt" Lojeski (born July 24, 1985) is an American-Belgian professional basketball player for Panathinaikos of the Greek Basket League and the EuroLeague . He also represents the senior men's Belgian national basketball team. Standing at 6 ft 6 in (1.98 m), and weighing 92 kg (203 lbs.), he plays at the shooting guard and small forward positions.
High school career
Lojeski played high school basketball at St. Catherine's High School in Racine, Wisconsin. While in high school, Lojeski played basketball, baseball, and soccer, and also competed in cross country sports. As a basketball player, he was named All-County and All-Conference twice, and All-State once. As a baseball player, he was named All-Conference twice.
Lojeski played college basketball at Eastern Wyoming College (NJCAA) from 2003 to 2005. At Eastern Wyoming, he was named to the NJCAA All-Tournament Team in 2004, and to the NJCAA All-American Third Team in 2005.
After being recruited by the Utah State Aggies and the DePaul Blue Demons, Lojeski ultimately decided to play at the University of Hawaii (NCAA Division I), where he played with the Hawaii Rainbow Warriors, from 2005 to 2007. While at Hawaii, he was selected to the Great Alaska Shootout's All-Tournament Team, and was named the Most Outstanding Player of the Rainbow Classic in 2006. He was also selected to the All-WAC Newcomer Team in 2006. He was named to the All-WAC Second Team in 2007.
Lojeski began his pro career in 2007, with the Belgian League club Aalstar. While a member of Aalstar, he was named the Belgian League MVP in 2009. He then moved to the Belgian League club Oostende.
With Oostende, he won the Belgian Cup in 2010 and 2013, and the Belgian League championship in 2012 and 2013. He was also named the Belgian Cup MVP in 2013, and the Belgian League MVP the same year.
On July 31, 2013, Lojeski signed a two-year contract with the back-to-back defending EuroLeague champions Olympiacos. On November 16, 2014, he extended his contract with Olympiacos until 2017. With Olympiacos, he won the 2013 edition of the FIBA Intercontinental Cup, and the Greek League championship in 2015 and 2016.
On August 12, 2017, Lojeski signed a one-year deal with Greek club Panathinaikos. In his very first year in Greens, he won the Greek Championship. In the 5th final (best-of-five-series) against Olympiakos, (84:70) Matt had 12 points, 4 rebounds and 4 asists. Lojeski renewed his contract with Panathinaikos for another season on July 28, 2018. On February 17, 2019, he won the Greek Cup title after Panathinaikos beat PAOK (79:73) in the big final, held in Heraklion, Crete.
National team career
Lojeski received Belgian nationality in May 2013, making him eligible to play for the senior men's Belgian national basketball team. After playing in the team's preparation stage in several friendly games, he was selected to play for Belgium at the EuroBasket 2013. However, he could not play at the tournament, due to an injury.
He made his debut in an official tournament with Belgium, at EuroBasket 2015. On September 7, 2015, during EuroBasket 2015, he hit a buzzer-beating tip-in against Lithuania, which gave Belgium a 76–74 win. Belgium ended the competition at the tournament's Round of 16, where they lost to Greece, by a score of 75–54. Over 6 EuroBasket 2015 tournament games, Lojeski averaged 11.7 points, 3.2 rebounds, and 2.8 assists per game, on 49.1% shooting from the field.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
Awards and accomplishments
- NJCAA All-Tournament Team: (2004)
- NJCAA All-American Third Team: (2005)
- Great Alaska Shootout All-Tournament Team: (2006)
- Rainbow Classic Most Outstanding Player: (2006)
- All-WAC Newcomer Team: (2006)
- All-WAC Second Team: (2007)
- 2× Belgian League MVP: (2009, 2013)
- 2× Belgian Cup Winner: (2010, 2013)
- 2× Belgian League Champion: (2012, 2013)
- Belgian Cup MVP: (2013)
- FIBA Intercontinental Cup Champion: (2013)
- EuroLeague Finals Top Scorer: (2015)
- 3× Greek League Champion: (2015, 2016, 2018)
- MattLojeski.com - Citizenship: U.S./Belgian. Archived 2013-07-30 at the Wayback Machine
- MATTHEW LOJESKI Height: 198 cm Weight: 92 kg.
- About Matt Personal Details. Archived 2013-07-30 at the Wayback Machine
- MATT LOJESKI Prep:
- 21 MATT LOJESKI:
- The.Honoluluadvertiser.com Ex-'Bow Lojeski best in Belgium.
- FIBAEurope.com Oostende, MZT Skopje Clinch Cup Titles.
- DeMorgen.br Matt Lojeski blijft BC Oostende trouw (in Dutch).
- "Olympiakos BC officially sign Matt Lojeski". Sportando. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "OLYMPIACOS acquires Lojeski from Oostende". Euroleague.net. Archived from the original on August 3, 2013. Retrieved 31 July 2013.
- "Olympiacos extends Matt Lojeski till June 2017". Sportando.com. November 16, 2014. Retrieved July 15, 2015.
- Professional History/Accomplishments.
- "Στον Παναθηναϊκό Superfoods ο Ματ Λοτζέσκι". paobc.gr (in Greek). August 12, 2017. Retrieved August 12, 2017.
- Court-Side.com Matt Lojeski added by Olympiacos.
- Eurobasket2013.org Roundup: Mancinelli, Lojeski Ruled Out. Archived 2013-09-01 at the Wayback Machine
- "GREECE TOO MUCH FOR BELGIUM". eurobasket2015.org. 12 September 2015. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- "Matt Lojeski". eurobasket2015.org. FIBA Europe. Retrieved 12 September 2015.
- Official Website
- Matt Lojeski at draftexpress.com
- Matt Lojeski at baskethotel.com (in English)
- Matt Lojeski at esake.gr (in Greek)
- Matt Lojeski at eurobasket.com
- Matt Lojeski at euroleague.net
- Matt Lojeski at archive.fiba.com
- Matt Lojeski at fiba.com (game center)
- Matt Lojeski at hawaiiathletics.com
- Matt Lojeski at sports-reference.com
- Matt Lojeski on Twitter