This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Matthew Lynn (born 1962) is a British thriller writer, financial journalist and publisher.
Matthew Lynn is the author of the 'Death Force' series of novels. The series started with Death Force in 2009, and continues with Fire Force published in 2010 and also includes Shadow
Matt Lynn was born in 1962 and grew up in Exeter and Dublin, before moving to London. He was educated at Balliol College, Oxford. After a career as a financial journalist and ghost-writer, which included three number-one best-sellers, he started writing the Death Force series of action-adventure thrillers in 2009. Featuring a group of mercenaries, the series started with Death Force in 2009, followed by Fire Force in 2010, and continuing with Shadow Force (film) in 2011. The News of the World gave the first book a four-star rating, describing it as “a Boy's-Own adventure guaranteed to get the pulse racing. It is up there with the finest that Andy McNab or Chris Ryan have ever penned.”
Matt Lynn also writes widely on business and economics, including columns to Bloomberg News, MoneyWeek and the Spectator. Bust: Greece, the Euro and the Sovereign Debt Crisis was published in 2010, and short-listed for the Spear's Book Awards Business Book of the Year.
As James Harland, he published The Month of the Leopard in 2001, dedicated to Isabella.
Before that Matthew Lynn wrote two business books, The Billion-Dollar Battle: Merck v. Glaxo and Birds of Prey: Boeing v.Airbus. He is also the author of Bust: Greece, the Euro and the Sovereign Debt Crisis, published in late 2010, and more recently, The Long Depression: The Slump of 2008 to 2031 (Endeavour Press).
As Matthew Lynn, the writer was also a columnist for Bloomberg News, and a regular contributor to The Spectator. For most of the 1990s, he worked for The Sunday Times, for the last three years as a profile columnist. His "London Eye" column began appearing weekly in MarketWatch in June, 2011.
In 2012, Lynn was also chief executive of Strategy Economics, a London-based consultancy.
In 2018, Lynn set up Endeavour Media, an independent publisher based in London.
He has three children, Isabella, Leonora, and Claudia.
- ,Matthew Lynn.Retrieved on 03 Jan 2018
- Chambers, Peter, "Mixing heroes and villains - Merck Versus Glaxo", (London. Heinemann, 1991), book review, Management Today, 1 January 1992. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Birds of Prey (NY: Basic Books, 1998) ISBN 978-1-56858-107-1. Amazon page. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Bust: Greece, the Euro and the Sovereign Debt Crisis, (Bloomberg Press and Kindle: 21 December 2010), ISBN 978-0-470-97611-1; Amazon page. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Lynn, Matthew, "Put your money in emerging, stable democracies", MarketWatch, 13 July 2011. See footer. Retrieved 2011-07-13.
- Lynn, Matthew, "6 reasons Spain will leave the euro first", MarketWatch, 30 May 2012. See footer. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- Matthew Lynn archive, Bloomberg. Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- Matthew Lynn page, Amazon (supplied by author or rep). Retrieved 2012-05-30.
- Matthew Lynn archive, MarketWatch. Retrieved 2011-07-07.
- Lynn, Matthew, "Apple iPhone Will Fail in a Late, Defensive Move", commentary, Bloomberg, 14 January 2007.