|Spouse(s)||Casey Greenfield (divorced)|
|Parent(s)||Nancy and George Manfredi|
Matt Manfredi is an American screenwriter.
Early life and education
Manfredi is from Palos Verdes, California, the son of Nancy and George Manfredi. His mother is a human resource manager for the Torrance, California city government, while his father was a private lawyer in Los Angeles. He graduated from Brown University and also has a master's degree in screenwriting from the American Film Institute in Los Angeles. While in college he joined an improv comedy group where he met his future writing partner Phil Hay. He is of Italian descent.
His credits include:
- Crazy/Beautiful, a 2001 feature film starring Kirsten Dunst released by Touchstone Pictures.
- Bug, a 2002 American comedy film.
- The Tuxedo, a 2002 American comedy-action film directed by Kevin Donovan and starring Jackie Chan and Jennifer Love Hewitt.
- Æon Flux a 2005 feature film starring Charlize Theron released by Paramount Pictures.
- The Dungeon Masters, a 2008 documentary film about the role playing game Dungeons & Dragons.
- Clash of the Titans, a 2010 British-American fantasy adventure film remake.
- R.I.P.D. (2013)
- Ride Along (2014)
- The Invitation (2015)
- Ride Along 2 (2016)
- Destroyer (2018)
All of his film screenwriting work has been with writing partner Phil Hay. Their technique for joint screenwriting is to each write separate scenes and then trade them to each other for further rewrites.
- My PDF Scripts: "CUT TO: Matt Manfredi (Screenwriter)" Archived 2012-11-02 at the Wayback Machine retrieved September 9, 2012
- New York Times: "Casey Greenfield, Matt Manfredi" November 21, 2004
- Myers, Scott. "Interview (Part 1): Matt Manfredi and Phil Hay ("The Invitation")". Go Into the Story.
- Johnson, C.H. (2014). Crafting Short Screenplays That Connect. Taylor & Francis. p. 31. ISBN 978-1-317-81875-5. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Independent Feature Project/West (2001). Filmmaker. Independent Feature Project & Independent Feature Project/West. p. 262. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Barsanti, C. (2014). The Sci-Fi Movie Guide: The Universe of Film from Alien to Zardoz. Visible Ink Press. p. 6. ISBN 978-1-57859-533-4. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Dowd, T. (2015). Storytelling Across Worlds: Transmedia for Creatives and Producers. Taylor & Francis. p. 101. ISBN 978-1-136-07142-3. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Stevens, M.; Johnson, C. (2016). Script Partners: How to Succeed at Co-Writing for Film & TV: How to Succeed at Co-Writing for Film & TV. Taylor & Francis. p. pt39. ISBN 978-1-317-41791-0. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "Nicole Kidman to Star in L.A.-Set Crime Thriller 'Destroyer'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- "'Ride Along 2' Review: Ice Cube and Kevin Hart, Together Again". Variety. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- McCarthy, Todd (September 2, 2018). "'Destroyer': Film Review - Telluride 2018". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved September 4, 2018.
- Bloomenthal, Andrew (August 3, 2013). "Matt Manfredi & Phil Hay on R.I.P.D." Creative Screenwriting.
- New York Daily News: "CNN legal eagle Jeffrey Toobin in baby mama drama - with daughter of CBS News' Jeff Greenfield" BY GEORGE RUSH February 18, 2010
- Stephens, Chuck (Summer 2001). "Matt Manfredi and Phil Hay's Bug". Filmmaker Magazine. Retrieved September 4, 2018.