Matt Morgan (comedian)
|Birth name||Matthew Morgan|
10 August 1977 |
|Notable works and roles||The Russell Brand Show|
Morgan met Russell Brand when he was working as an intern on MTV. He first joined with Brand after the presenter told him he had a television show idea which was "good" and "commissioned", and that Morgan should work on it with him; Morgan later joked that neither of those things turned out to be true. In 2010 Matt wrote and co-performed Borked TV with comedian Rufus Hound and others, a six-part series featuring comedy voiceovers dubbed over existing television material.
Morgan was the co-host of The Russell Brand Show from its initial conception in 2006 on BBC 6 Music until its finish after Brand's resignation due to the prank telephone calls row. On the radio show, Morgan played the straight man to Brand's cheeky chappy persona, often mimicking Brand's Dot Cotton-esque accent and singing. In his memoir, Booky Wook 2, Brand asserted that he and Morgan got into a row following Brand's controversial turn as the host of the 2008 MTV Video Music Awards (which the men co-wrote), and Morgan refused to return to the show.
Morgan reunited with Brand and Mr Gee for The Russell Brand Podcast, which began in February 2015 on audioBoom.
On the 16 March 2013 (on the Russell Brand XFM Radio Show in aid of Teenage Cancer Trust) listeners learnt that Matt and his wife, Katie have a child named Coen after Leonard Cohen, one of his heroes. Katie gave birth to a girl in May 2015.
During June 2015, Matt ran a charity campaign for people suffering with 'Tonsil Stones' or 'Tonsilloliths'. He raised over £2600 for the cause which has been donated to 'TSRUK' (Tonsil Stone Relief UK). He was inspired to run the campaign as he himself has been a long term sufferer of this condition.
- RE:Brand (2002)
- Empire Square (2005)
- 1 Leicester Square (2006)
- Russell Brand's Got Issues (2006)
- The Russell Brand Show (2006)
- The Kevin Bishop Show (2008) 
- James Corden's World Cup Live (2010) 
- Borked TV (The 5:19 Show) (2010)
- The Fun Police (2011)
- Cardinal Burns (2012)
- Very Important People (2012)
- The Mimic (2013)
- Russell Brand On the Road 
- Russell Brand's Ponderland (2007–2008) – Creative Director
- Russell Brand Show Biography on bbc.co.uk/6music Archived 18 October 2007 at the Wayback Machine
- The Russell Brand Show – BBC Radio 2
- Russell, Brand (2010), Booky Wook 2: This Time It's Personal, London: HarperCollins, p. 219, ISBN 0-06-195807-7
- Walker, Kirsty (29 October 2008), "The Ross and Russ Suspension – EOS Sticks Its Oar In" – 12:05 pm. EndofShow.com. Retrieved on 26 February 2011.
- NME staff. "Noel Gallagher and Russell Brand reunite – video – Daily Gossip". NME.com. Retrieved 26 February 2011.
- The Kevin Bishop Show British Comedy Guide
- James Corden's World Cup Live. IMDB
- BBC – Press Office – Network TV Programme Information Week 50 Wednesday 12 December 2007