|Born||Matthew Anthony Ouimet|
1958 (age 59–60)
|Alma mater||Binghamton University|
|Employer||Cedar Fair Entertainment Company|
|Home town||Cooperstown, New York|
Matt Ouimet is travel executive, certified public accountant and is the former President and CEO of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded company that owns 11 amusement parks in the United States and Canada.
Ouimet spent 17 years with The Walt Disney Company, including stints at Walt Disney Imagineering, Disney’s Wide World of Sports, and Vacation Club, president of Disney Cruise Line and president of the Disneyland Resort. Also at Disney Development Co., he served as chief financial officer. He was senior vice president of finance and business development for Walt Disney World until August 1998 when he was transferred to Disney Cruise Line as its senior operating officer. With the August 31, 1999 resignation of Arthur Rodney as cruise line president, Matt Ouimet was named as his replacement in July. In 2003, he was appointed president of Disneyland Resort. There Ouimet prepared for its 50th-anniversary and managed its restoration. He was succeeded as president of the Disneyland Resort by Ed Grier in an announcement made July 25, 2006.
After leaving The Disney Company, Ouimet joined Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. as president, Hotel Group in 2006. He oversaw global operations for more than 850 hotels in 95 countries. In September 2008, he was replaced by Matthew Avril and departed the company.
Matt Ouimet was a director of Collective Brands, Inc., where he served on the audit and finance committee.
On October 4, 2017, it was announced by Cedar Fair that Ouimet would be stepping down, having Richard A. Zimmerman succeed him. However, it was also announced that Ouimet would take the newly created role of Executive Chairman of the Board of Directors.
- Topey, Melissa (December 26, 2012). "New Cedar Fair CEO paid $1 million salary". Sandusky Register. Retrieved December 26, 2012.
- Pledger, Marcia (February 23, 2013). "Cedar Fair's new CEO Matt Ouimet believes inspiring guests and employees is good for the bottom line". The Plain Dealer. Retrieved February 24, 2014.
- Gardetta, Dave (November 1, 2005). "Disnoidland". Los Angeles Magazine. Retrieved November 28, 2017.
- "New Disney Cruise Line President". Cruise Industry News. July 16, 1999. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- Gittelsohn, John (July 23, 2011). "New Disneyland Resort chief named - Orange County Register". Orange County Register. Archived from the original on July 23, 2011.
- Starwood Hotels names Avril head of hotel unit", Associated Press, September 2, 2008[dead link]
- Lauerman, John (May 25, 2015). "Corinthian Says Ouimet Resigns; No Plan to Fill Job - Bloomberg Business". Bloomberg. Archived from the original on May 25, 2015.
- Matthew A. Ouimet Elected to Collective Brands, Inc. Board of Directors Archived December 22, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "Cedar Fair Announces Planned Leadership Succession". www.prnewswire.com (Press release). Cedar Fair. Oct 4, 2017.