|Born||Matthew Anthony Ouimet
1958 (age 58–59)
Cooperstown, New York
|Alma mater||Binghamton University|
|Occupation||President and CEO, Cedar Fair
Director, Collective Brands
Former President, Operations, Corinthian Colleges, Inc.
Former President, Hotel Group, Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide
Former President, Disneyland Resort
Matt Ouimet is the president and CEO of Cedar Fair Entertainment Company, a publicly traded company that owns 11 amusement parks in the United States and Canada.
Ouimet spent 17 years with The Walt Disney Company, including stints as chief financial officer of the Disney Development Company, executive general manager of Disney Vacation Club, president of Disney Cruise Line and president of the Disneyland Resort, where he oversaw the resort's Happiest Homecoming on Earth promotion from 2005 to 2006 in honor of Disneyland's 50th anniversary.
He was senior vice president of finance and business development for Walt Disney World until August 1998 when he was transferred to Disney Cruise Line as its senior operating officer. With the August 31, 1999 resignation of Arthur Rodney as cruise line president, Matt Ouimet was named as his replacement in July. He was succeeded as president of the Disneyland Resort by Ed Grier in an announcement made July 25, 2006.
After leaving The Disney Company, Ouimet joined Starwood Hotels & Resorts Worldwide, Inc. as president, Hotel Group in 2006. He oversaw global operations for more than 850 hotels in 95 countries. In September 2008, he was replaced by Matthew Avril and departed the company.
Matt Ouimet is a director of Collective Brands, Inc., where he serves on the audit and finance committee.
- Topey, Melissa (December 26, 2012). "New Cedar Fair CEO paid $1 million salary". Sandusky Register. Retrieved December 26, 2012.
- Matt Ouimet Promoted To President Of The Disneyland Resort, Disney Press Release Oct 14, 2003 Retrieved August 28, 2010
- "New Disney Cruise Line President". Cruise Industry News. July 16, 1999. Retrieved May 4, 2016.
- New Disneyland Resort Chief Named Retrieved January 25, 2011
- Starwood Hotels names Avril head of hotel unit", Associated Press, September 2, 2008
- Corinthian Colleges President, Operating Chief Ouimet Resigns; Shares Fall Retrieved Oct 12, 2010
- Matthew A. Ouimet Elected to Collective Brands, Inc. Board of Directors
- Cedar Fair press release Retrieved June 20, 2011