|Nickname(s)||pez102 (Full Tilt)|
|Residence||Rochdale, England, UK|
|Born||c. 1988 (age 29–30)|
|World Series of Poker|
|European Poker Tour|
Perrins is a resident of the Manchester suburb Rochdale, along with Jake Cody. He learned to play poker by playing with Cody, whom he has known his whole life. Prior to becoming a professional poker player, Perrins was an engineer.
In 2009, Perrins won the PokerStars.com Italian Poker Tour Venice, collecting €851,660 in the process against a field of 438 contestants that included Johnny Lodden, Dario Minieri, and Vanessa Rousso. Perrins was the first non-Italian to win an event on the PokerStars Italian Poker Tour. In 2010, he was featured on Late Night Poker along with Phil Ivey, Carlos Mortensen, James Akenhead, John Duthie, Scott Fischman, Michael Binger, and Ben Roberts.
When Perrins won the 275-entrant $1,500 2–7 Draw Lowball (No Limit) 2011 World Series of Poker Event 9 against a final table that included Jason Mercier, Bernard Lee and eventual runner-up Chris Björin, it was the first time he had ever played no-limit deuce-to-seven draw lowball. He won the 784-entrant $5,000 No Limit Hold'em 2013 World Series of Poker Event 57, earning nearly $800,000. Among those he defeated at the final table was Matt Berkey, who was at his third final table of the 2013 series. The victory came on the last day before the 2013 Main Event began on 6 July.
World Series of Poker
|2011||$1,500 2-7 Draw Lowball (No-Limit)||$102,105|
|2013||$5,000 No Limit Texas hold 'em||$792,275|
- Mathers, Kevin (June 7, 2011). "WSOP End of Day: Matt Perrins Draws a Bracelet, Jon Turner Leads $1K No-Limit". Bluff. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Matt Perrins". World Series of Poker. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Welman, Jessica (June 7, 2011). "WSOP Bracelet Winner Profile: Matt Perrins". Bluff. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Dalla, Nolan (July 6, 2011). "Matt Perrins Takes Second Gold Bracelet". World Series of Poker. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- McAdam, Rebecca (August 4, 2009). "Brit Matt Perrins Wins Italian Poker Tour Venice: Young Perrins Beats Big Names to Take Down Venice Stop of IPT". Card Player. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Murray, Brendan (October 26, 2010). "Late Night Poker Final on TV Tonight: Channel 4 In UK Shows Big Game Featuring Phil Ivey and Carlos Mortensen". Card Player. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Pempus, Brian (June 6, 2011). "World Series of Poker: Matt Perrins Wins Event No. 9: Chris Bjorn Finishes Second at Tough Final Table". Card Player. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Davis, Bethany (July 6, 2013). "World Series of Poker -- Matt Perrins Wins $5,000 No-Limit Hold'em: Perrins Earns His Second Gold Bracelet and $792,275 First-Place Prize". Card Player. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- "Matt Perrins wins World Series of Poker Event #57". Ante Up. July 6, 2013. Retrieved July 8, 2013.
- Schult, Steve (July 5, 2013). "Perrins Wins Second Bracelet in $5K No Limit Hold'em". Bluff. Retrieved July 7, 2013.
- Welman, Jessica (October 19, 2009). "Online Poker: Rajkumar Racks Up a Win for the FTP Red Pros". Bluff. Retrieved July 7, 2013.