Matt Ryan (actor)
Ryan in 2014
|Born||Matthew Darren Evans
11 April 1981
Swansea, Wales, UK
|Alma mater||Bristol Old Vic Theatre School|
Matt Ryan (born Matthew Darren Evans; 11 April 1981) is a British actor from Swansea, Wales, best known as Edward Kenway in the Ubisoft video game Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag and John Constantine in the NBC series Constantine and The CW series Arrow, as well as voicing the character in the 2017 film Justice League Dark.
Ryan was born in Swansea, the son of Steve, a postman turned record producer, and Maria Evans, a dance teacher. He attended schools in Penyrheol before moving on to Gorseinon College, where he completed a BTEC Performing Arts course. He graduated from the Bristol Old Vic in 2003 and joined the Royal Shakespeare Company in 2004.
As a child, Ryan appeared as Gavroche in the West End production of Les Misérables. He played Mick Rawson on the CBS series Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior, a character that had been introduced in the Criminal Minds episode "The Fight". He performed the voice and motion capture of Edward Kenway in Ubisoft Montreal's video game Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag. In February 2014, it was announced that Ryan was cast as John Constantine in NBC's pilot for Constantine. He starred in all 13 episodes of the first and only season. He reprised his role in a crossover episode of Arrow. On January 8, 2017, The CW announced an animated series of Constantine on the CW Seed app with Ryan confirmed to reprise the character.
|2004||Layer Cake||Junkie 2|
|2007||Consenting Adults||Charley Bullard|
|2008||Miss Pettigrew Lives for a Day||Gerry|
|2013||500 Miles North||John Hogg|
|2017||Justice League Dark||John Constantine (voice)|
|2001||Nuts and Bolts||Gilly|
|2004||Mine All Mine||Tonker||Season 1, episode 2|
|2007||The Tudors||Richard Pace||2 episodes|
|2008||HolbyBlue||Frankie||Season 2, episode 7|
|2010||Criminal Minds||Mick Rawson||Episode: "The Fight"|
|2011||Criminal Minds: Suspect Behavior||Series regular; 13 episodes|
|2014–15||Constantine||John Constantine||Series regular; 13 episodes|
|2015||Arrow||Guest role; 1 episode|
|2017||The Halcyon||Joe O'Hara||8 episodes|
|2013||Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag||Edward Kenway||Voice and motion capture|
- Ancestry.com. "England & Wales, Birth Index, 1916-2005".
- Price, Karen (18 November 2013). "Welsh actor reunites with Jude Law for major stage drama". walesonline.co.uk. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Matt Ryan". The Internet Movie Database. IMDb.com, Inc. 1990–2011. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- Price, Karen (29 June 2009). "Understudy ready to rise to the Hamlet challenge". Western Mail. Cardiff, Wales. Retrieved 2 April 2011.
- AssassinsCreed (July 26, 2013). San Diego Comic-Con Panel Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [North America]. YouTube. Retrieved August 2, 2013.
- PlayStation (August 30, 2013). The Actors of Black Flag | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag. YouTube. Retrieved August 30, 2013.
- Williams, Kathryn (22 September 2013). "Shiver me timbers! Pirate hero in new Assassin's Creed is a Welshman!". Wales Online. Retrieved 19 December 2013.
- Nellie Andreeva (February 21, 2014). "Matt Ryan Lands Title Role In NBC Pilot ‘Constantine’ Based On DC Comic". Deadline. Retrieved February 22, 2014.
- Goldberg, Lesley (11 August 2015). "Matt Ryan to Reprise 'Constantine' Role on The CW's 'Arrow'". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 9 October 2015.
- Andreeva, Nellie (January 8, 2017). "‘Constantine’ Back As Animated Series For CW Seed With Greg Berlanti Producing". Deadline. Retrieved January 8, 2017.
- Matt Ryan of Constantine, Judith Light Join Keira Knightley on Broadway by Gordon Cox, Variety, 10 June 2015
- Raquin at the Roundabout
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matt Ryan (actor).|