Matt Sloan (voice actor)
Matthew Paul Sloan|
March 24, 1973
Milwaukee, Wisconsin, U.S.
|Occupation||Director, comedian, businessman|
Matthew Paul Sloan, (born March 24, 1973) is an American director, playwright, voice actor and comedian from Madison, Wisconsin. He and his friend Aaron Yonda are notable as the co-creators of the web series Chad Vader: Day Shift Manager, in which he voices the title character. Additionally, he appears in season one as the main antagonist, and has a minor appearance in the first few episodes of the second series as said antagonist's father. Since Chad Vader, he has gone on to voice Darth Vader in various Star Wars media. He hosts a movie reviewing and discussion show on YouTube called Welcome to the Basement with his friend Craig Johnson. Furthermore, he leads regularly with his friend Aaron Yonda in the web series Beer and Board Games.
As a voice actor, Sloan played Darth Vader in Soulcalibur IV. Sloan went on to reprise his role as the voice of Darth Vader in the LucasArts video games Star Wars: The Force Unleashed, and Star Wars: Empire at War: Forces of Corruption. He also appeared as the voice of Darth Vader during an episode of Deal or No Deal.[episode needed] Sloan also played Vader for the comedy short promoting TomTom devices. He returned as Vader for Star Wars: The Force Unleashed II. In 2012, Sloan voiced Darth Vader in both Lego Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Out and Kinect Star Wars. In 2015, Sloan returned to voice Vader in Disney Infinity 3.0, Star Wars Battlefront, Star Wars Battlefront II and Lego Star Wars: Droid Tales, as well as providing his voice for a sketch in the final episode of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart.
- "Welcome to the Basement - Marty (and Oscars)", timecode 22:22, March 4, 2016.
- Callender, David (2007-10-15). "In a City Far, Far Away From Hollywood, the YouTube Tales of a Lesser Vader". New York Times. Retrieved 2007-10-15. (Registration required (. ))
- "Store Wars". Metro.co.uk. 2007-02-26. Retrieved 2007-10-15.
- Foleythe, Ryan J. (2007-02-22). "Vader's brother: He's no Darth". Associated Press. Retrieved 2007-07-07.
- "The Game Has Changed". Vanity Fair. 2008-02-05. Retrieved 2008-02-06.
- Avalanche Software. Disney Infinity 3.0. Scene: Closing credits, 5:39 in, Featuring the Voice Talents of.