Srama playing for the Titans in 2011.
|Full name||Matthew Srama|
|Born||12 January 1991|
Brisbane, Queensland, Australia
|Height||178 cm (5 ft 10 in)|
|Weight||83 kg (13 st 1 lb)|
Matthew "Matt" Srama (born 12 January 1991) is a Australian former professional rugby league footballer who played for the Gold Coast Titans in the National Rugby League. A Philippines international representative, he played at hooker. Srama was educated at Forest Lake State High School.
Born in Brisbane, Queensland, Srama is of Filipino and Polish descent and played his junior football for the Centenary Panthers before being signed by the Gold Coast Titans. In 2010 and 2011, Srama played for the Titans' NYC team.
On 12 May 2011, Srama re-signed with the Titans on a 3-year contract. In Round 12 of the 2011 NRL season, Srama made his NRL debut for the Gold Coast Titans against the Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs at hooker in the Titans 28-6 loss at Suncorp Stadium. In Round 14 against the St George Illawarra Dragons, Srama scored his first NRL career try in the Titans 28-14 win at Jubilee Oval. Srama finished his debut year in the NRL with him playing in 14 matches and scoring a try for the Titans in the season filling in for the injured regular hooker Nathan Friend.
Due to Titans regular hooker Nathan Friend departure to the New Zealand Warriors, Srama took the void of playing at the position playing in 23 matches and scoring 4 tries for the Gold Coast Titans in the 2012 NRL season. On 21 October 2012, Srama played at five-eighth for the Philippines against Thailand, Srama scored a try and kicked 7 goals in their 86-0 win that saw the team crowned the inaugural Rugby League Asian Cup champions.
Srama finished the 2013 NRL season with him playing in 19 matches and scoring 2 tries for the Gold Coast Titans.
In June 2014, Srama re-signed with the Titans on a 2-year contract. Srama returned to the Titans first grade squad in Round 9 against the South Sydney Rabbitohs playing off the interchange bench in the Titans 40-18 loss at Cbus Super Stadium. Srama finished off the 2014 NRL season with him playing in 6 matches due to a hip injury that cut his year short for the Gold Coast Titans. In November 2014, Srama was told he was free to leave the Titans by head coach Neil Henry, as he would be overlooked for other players in the NRL side. On 20 November 2014, Srama signed a 1-year contract with the Sydney Roosters, before backflipping on the deal shortly afterwards due to money issues.
Srama finished off the 2015 season having played in 3 matches for the Titans, his season hampered by ankle and shoulder injuries as well as being played in the Queensland Cup for the Tweed Heads Seagulls.
In February, Srama played for the Titans in the 2016 NRL Auckland Nines. On 13 January 2017, Srama announced on Facebook that he would retire from the NRL due to injury. He played 65 NRL games in six seasons for the Titans, for 7 tries.
- https://web.archive.org/web/20141205054159/http://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/match?matchid=NYC20110501. Archived from the original on 5 December 2014. Retrieved 21 November 2014. Missing or empty
- "Matt Srama - Career Stats & Summary". Rugby League Project. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Srama is the Titans 400,000 Rookie". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Toyota Cup Finals Draw, Results and 2011 - Toyota Cup Ladder". Ourfootyteam.com. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Titans re-sign young gun Srama | NRL". Zero Tackle. 2011-05-12. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Gold Coast debut driving hooker | Queensland Times". Qt.com.au. 2011-05-14. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- Marshall, Matt (2011-05-28). "Bulldogs beat Titans 28-6 at Suncorp Stadium as Gold Coast has eight tries denied". News.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Titans Beat Under Strength Dragons". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Historic day for international rugby league". NRL.com. 2012-10-22. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- Meyn, Travis (2014-06-04). "Matt Srama signs with Gold Coast Titans for two more years". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Dylan Walker Scores Four Tries as Rabbitohs Smash Titans 40-18". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- Meyn, Travis (2014-08-19). "Blow for Gold Coast Titans with Matt Srama out with hip injury". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Hooker Matt Srama is Fighting to Save His NRL Career After Being Told He is Unwanted by the Titans". Couriermail.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Roosters Sign Matt Srama After Being Released by Titans". Dailytelegraph.com.au. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- Meyn, Travis (2014-11-26). "Gold Coast Titans hooker Matt Srama is set to backflip on a deal with the Sydney Roosters and stay on the Coast". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Custom Match List". Rugby League Project. 2015-11-09. Retrieved 2015-12-22.
- Boswell, Tom (2015-11-17). "Gold Coast Titans hooker Matt Srama ready to play for his career in 2016". Gold Coast Bulletin. Retrieved 2015-12-20.
- "Titans unveil 2016 Nines squad". Rugby League Week. 2016-01-29. Retrieved 2016-02-02.