||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (August 2015)|
Matt Wallace is an American record producer. He is a graduate of the University of California at Berkeley, and has been producing professionally since the early 1980s. He is best known for his work with Faith No More, Maroon 5, O.A.R., The Replacements, and Train.
Wallace has produced some of Faith No More's most iconic recordings, including We Care a Lot, their debut album on Mordam Records. He produced and mixed their breakthrough album, The Real Thing, which featured the hit song, "Epic." He produced Angel Dust, named the #1 most influential album of all time by Kerrang!. In 2015, he joined the band again to co-mix their album, Sol Invictus. The album debuted at number 1 on the Billboard Hard Rock Album chart.
He produced albums for The Replacements (Don’t Tell A Soul), Paul Westerberg (14 Songs) and John Hiatt (Perfectly Good Guitar). He co-produced the debut Juno-nominated album for Canadian singer-songwriter Chantal Kreviazuk. The album was certified double platinum in Canada.
Wallace produced and mixed Songs About Jane, the debut album for Maroon 5, including the Top 40 hit singles "Harder To Breathe," "This Love," "Sunday Morning," and "She Will Be Loved." The album has sold over 10 million copies worldwide, and won a Grammy Award for "Best New Artist" in 2005.
Since then, Wallace has co-written songs and produced two albums for O.A.R. He has also co-written and produced several songs for Andy Grammer, an album for Pepper, and mixed Blackberry Smoke's album The Whippoorwill.
Live at Studio Delux
In 2013, Wallace started a live music project with Will Kennedy (whose credits include Michael Franti, Thirsty Merc, Andy Grammer, and Pepper) called 'Live at Studio Delux'. The goal is to help music fans discover the joy of authentic live performances. With over 30 years of combined experience professionally recording and producing music, Wallace and Kennedy capture the artist at their best in a live studio environment. Each artist session is recorded in one day at Wallace's own studio, Studio Delux. The mastered recordings are made available on iTunes while video content can be watched on the project's Youtube channel.
- 3 Doors Down
- R5, Sometime Last Night
- Faith No More, Sol Invictus
- New Beat Fund, Sponge Fingerz
- Andy Grammer, "Co-Pilot"
- Los Angelics, Land of the Brave and Dangerous
- Tommy & The High Pilots, Only Human
- Pepper, Pepper
- Blackberry Smoke, The Whippoorwill
- O.A.R., King
- Nat & Alex Wolff, Black Sheep
- Andy Grammer, Andy Grammer
- Necropolis of Love, The Hope
- Ludo, Prepare The Preparations
- Thirsty Merc, Mousetrap Heart
- Eye Alaska, Genesis Underground
- Trail, To The Rest Of The World
- Eva Avila, Give Me The Music
- O.A.R., All Sides
- The 88, Not Only... But Also
- The Dollyrots, California Beach Boy
- Ludo, You're Awful, I Love You
- Fightstar, One Day Son, This Will All Be Yours
- Small Mercies, Beautiful Hum
- The Higher, On Fire
- Spin Doctors, Nice Talking to Me
- As Fast As, Open Letter To The Damned
- Josh Kelley, Almost Honest
- Virginia Coalition, OK to Go
- Kyle Riabko, Before I Speak
- Maroon 5, Songs About Jane
- Mushroomhead, XIII
- Squad Five-O, Late News Breaking
- Automatic Black, De-Evolution
- Wakefield, American Made
- 6Gig, Mind Over Mind
- Sugarcult, Start Static
- H2O, Go
- Blues Traveler, Bridge
- Buffalo Nickel, Long 331⁄3 Play
- Dog's Eye View, Daisy
- Train, "If You Leave"
- Chantal Kreviazuk, Under These Rocks and Stones
- Deftones, "Teething"
- The Replacements, Don't Tell a Soul
- Weapon of Choice, Highperspice, Nutmeg Phantasy
- John Hiatt, Perfectly Good Guitar, "Live At Budokan"
- Paul Westerberg, 14 Songs
- Faith No More, Angel Dust
- Faith No More, The Real Thing
- Faith No More, Introduce Yourself
- Faith No More, Live at Brixton Academy
- Faith No More, We Care a Lot
- The Spent Poets, The Spent Poets
- Udora, Liberty Square
- The Toll, "Sticks and Stones and Broken Bones"
- Susanna Hoffs, Susanna Hoffs
- Sons of Freedom, Sons of Freedom, Gump
- New Monkees, What I Want single
- Josh Clayton-Felt, Inarticulate Nature Boy
- Imperial Teen, What is Not to Love
- Green Apple Quick Step, Kid
- Chagall Guevara, Chagall Guevara
- Bowling for Soup, Let's Do it for Johnny!
- Fenix TX, Fenix TX
- Peter Searcy, Could You Please and Thank You
- Mars Electric - "Someday"
- Everlast, "So Long"
- R.E.M., "Revolution"
- Bic Runga, Drive
- Ednaswap, Ednaswap
- Poe, Haunted