|Tift County School District|
207 North Ridge AvenueGeorgia, 31794-4323
|Grades||Pre-K through 12|
|Accreditation(s)||Southern Association of Colleges and Schools|
Georgia Accrediting Commission
|NCES District ID||1304980|
|Students and staff|
Board of Education
The following people make up the Tift County Government Board of Education
- Jonathan Jones, Chairperson - District 7
- Pat McKinnon - District 2 -
- Marilyn Burks, Vice Chairperson - District 1
- John Waddell - District 3
- Jamie Hill - District 4
- Sam Wright - District 5
- Rusty Harrelson - District 6
The Tift County School District has a pre-K center, four primary schools, three elementary schools, two middle schools, one junior high school, one high school, and one alternative school.
In 2010, the Tift County Board of Education turned J. T. Reddick Elementary School into a 6th grade-only school. In 2018, schools have been configured for grades K-5, 6-8 and 9–12. The new configuration will require that a new ninth grade wing be constructed at Tift County High School.
- Tift County High School (9-12th grades)
Middle schools (6-8)
- Eighth Street Middle School
- Northeast Middle School
- Annie Belle Clark Elementary School
- Charles Spencer Elementary School
- G.O Bailey Elementary School
- J. T. Reddick Elementary School
- Len Lastinger Elementary School
- Omega Elementary School (located in Omega, K-5th grade)
- Northside Primary School
- Matt Wilson Elementary School
- Tift County Pre-K Center
- Sixth Street Academy (9-12th grade)
- "Free US Geocoder". Archived from the original on 2011-05-11. Retrieved 2010-06-28.
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Tift County". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences.
- School Stats, Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- Georgia Board of Education[permanent dead link], Retrieved June 28, 2010.
- "Board to let parents know of rezoning plans » Local News » Tifton Gazette". Archived from the original on 2011-07-17. Retrieved 2010-06-28.