Matthew Charles Gingell
|Occupation||Lawyer and commentator|
|Spouse(s)||Kamila Beatriz Batista de Andrade Gingell|
Early life & education
Gingell advises employers and employees on all employment law issues including redundancy, restructuring, settlement agreements, bonuses, discrimination, whistleblowing, unfair dismissal, TUPE, restrictive covenants, confidentiality, flexible working, disciplinary and grievance hearings, performance and conduct, and references. Gingell currently has consultancy arrangements with law firms in London. Prior to developing his existing practice, he gained knowledge and experience at other London law firms.
Gingell has been author and written articles relating to employment law for publications including The Independent , The Guardian , The Express  and City A.M.. He has been interviewed on Sky News discussing stories relating to employment law such as the legal rights of people working in the gig economy, personal relationships at work and the use of gagging orders in settlement agreements. He has also written articles for human resources publications such as Personnel Today ) and People Management as well as for the Law Society Gazette 
For a number of years, Gingell has striven to simplify employment law and provide information for employees, HR professionals and business owners. He developed a website www.mattgingell.com, using a theme “making sense of employment law” with a number of accessible employee and HR guides on different employment law topics. His idea was to explain the law in an easy-to-understand way cutting out complicated legal jargon. The guides are free and downloadable from the site. Gingell also circulates the guides through social media including Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- "Matt Gingell, Author at The Independent". The Independent. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Matt Gingell, Author at The Guardian". The Guardian.
- "Article about Matt Gingell". The Express. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Matt Gingell, Author at City A.M." City A.M. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Matt Gingell's Interview on Sky News". Sky News. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Matt Gingell Author at Personnel Today". Personnel Today. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Blog By Matt Gingell at People Management". People Management. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
- "Blog in Law Society Gazette". The Law Society Gazette. Retrieved 9 April 2019.
This article needs additional or more specific categories. (June 2019)