Mattar MRT station
|Mass Rapid Transit (MRT) station|
Platform level of Mattar station
|Location||60 Merpati Road|
|Operated by||SBS Transit DTL (ComfortDelGro Corporation)|
|Platforms||2 (1 island platform)|
|Opened||21 October 2017|
Mattar MRT station is an underground Mass Rapid Transit station on the Downtown line in Geylang planning area, Singapore. As its name suggests, it is located underneath Mattar Road, at the junction of Merpati Road.
The station serves places such as Canossa Convent School and Masjid Sallim Mattar. One of the entrances is adjacent to the Circuit Road hawker centre.
Prior to the construction of the station, there were several names used for the station. These are Mattar and Merpati. In the end, Mattar was chosen.
- "Downtown Line 3 Station Names Shortlisted for Public Polling". www.lta.gov.sg. 1 June 2011. Archived from the original on 25 April 2016.
- "Downtown Line 3 Station Names Finalised". www.lta.gov.sg. 19 August 2011. Archived from the original on 31 December 2013.
- "Speech by Mrs Josephine Teo, Minister of State, Ministry of Finance and Ministry of Transport, at DTL3 Tunelling Works Ceremony". Ministry Of Transport. Retrieved July 11, 2012.[dead link]
- "Factsheet: Downtown Line 3 to Open on 21 October 2017 | Press Room | Land Transport Authority". www.lta.gov.sg. Archived from the original on 3 July 2017. Retrieved 2017-06-03.
- Media related to Mattar MRT Station at Wikimedia Commons
|This Singapore MRT-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|