|Alternative names||matar paneer, mutter paneer|
|Place of origin||India|
|Region or state||North India|
|Main ingredients||Paneer, peas, tomato based sauce, garam masala spice mix|
Mattar paneer (Hindi: मटर पनीर), also known as matar paneer, and mutter paneer is a vegetarian North Indian dish consisting of peas and paneer in a tomato based sauce, spiced with garam masala.
It is often served with rice and an Indian type of bread (naan, paratha, poori, or roti depending on region). Various other ingredients are often added, such as "aloo" (potato), corn, yogurt or cream.
- Gowardhan, Maunika. "Punjab Matar Paneer | Indian Recipes". Maunika Gowardhan. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Mutter Paneer - The Popular Indian Curry of Peas and Cheese". The Spruce Eats. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Matar paneer recipe | Mutter paneer recipe | How to make matar paneer". Swasthi's Recipes. 26 September 2015. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- The World Religions Cookbook - Arno Schmidt, Paul Fieldhouse. p.120.
- Bansal, Priya (8 November 2017). "Health benefits of Matar Paneer". Priya Bansal. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
- "Mattar Paneer - Spiced Peas with Homemade Cheese or Tofu". www.indianasapplepie.com. Retrieved 16 September 2018.
|Wikibooks Cookbook has a recipe/module on|
|This Indian cuisine–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|