Mattawan High School
Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Mattawan High School|
56720 Murray Street
|Type||Public secondary school|
|School district||Mattawan Consolidated School District|
|Teaching staff||56.40 (on an FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||20.92|
|Athletics conference||Southwestern Michigan Athletic Conference|
Mattawan High School's Wildcats compete in the Southwestern Michigan Athletic Conference. School colors are blue and gold. The following Michigan High School Athletic Association (MHSAA) sanctioned sports are offered:
- Baseball (boys)
- Basketball (girls and boys)
- Bowling (girls and boys)
- Competitive cheerleading (girls)
- Cross country (girls and boys)
- Football (boys)
- Golf (girls and boys)
- Ice hockey (boys)
- Lacrosse (girls and boys)
- Skiing (girls and boys)
- Soccer (girls and boys)
- Softball (girls)
- Swim and dive (girls and boys)
- Tennis (girls and boys)
- Track and field (girls and boys)
- Volleyball (girls)
- Wrestling (boys)
- Marian and Vivian Brown: Class of 1945 – Actress – aka "The San Francisco Twins"
- Noah Herron: Class of 2000 – College Football Northwestern University – Professional Football - the Pittsburgh Steelers, Green Bay Packers, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, New York Jets, and Cleveland Browns.
- Margaret O'Brien - Member of the Michigan Senate (2015-2018)<> and Michigan House of Representatives (2011-2014). Current Secretary of the Michigan Senate (2019-current)
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Mattawan High School". nces.ed.gov. US Department of Education. Retrieved March 5, 2021.
- "MHSAA > Schools". www.mhsaa.com. Michigan High School Athletic Association. Retrieved 17 March 2020.
- NFL Players Archived July 18, 2007, at the Wayback Machine