Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Matte or matte in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Matte may refer to:
- paint with a non-glossy finish. See diffuse reflection.
- a framing element surrounding a painting or watercolor within the outer frame
- Matte (filmmaking), filmmaking and video production technology
- Matte painting, a process of creating sets used in film and video
- Matte box, a camera accessory for controlling lens glare
- Open matte, a filming technique that involves matting out the top and bottom of the film frame in the movie projector
- Tom Matte (born 1939), American football player, quarterback in college and (mostly) running back in the NFL (1960s-1970s)
- Matte family, a powerful Chilean family
- Rivière à Matte (English: Matte's River), a tributary of the northwest shore of the St. Lawrence River, in Neuville, Quebec, Canada
- A neighborhood in Bern, Switzerland
- In American English, of a surface: having a non-glossy finish. See Gloss (optics).
- Matte display, an electronic display with a matte surface
- Matte (metallurgy), a term for the liquid generated by smelting non-ferrous metals, such as copper
- "Matte Kudasai",a 1981 single by the band King Crimson
- MATTE, Major Accident to the Environment, term used in EU legislation
- Mat, a generic term for a piece of fabric or flat material, generally placed on a floor or other flat surface, and serving a range of purposes
- Mate (disambiguation)
- Matt (disambiguation)
- Matthew (disambiguation)
- Maat (disambiguation)
- Mat (disambiguation)
| disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Matte.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.