Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Look up Matte or matte in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Matte may refer to:
- paint with a non-glossy finish. See diffuse reflection.
- a framing element surrounding a painting or watercolor within the outer frame
- Matte (filmmaking), filmmaking and video production technology
- Matte painting, a process of creating sets used in film and video
- Matte box, a camera accessory for controlling lens glare
- Open matte, a filming technique that involves matting out the top and bottom of the film frame in the movie projector
- In American English, of a surface: having a non-glossy finish. See Gloss (optics).
- Matte display, an electronic display with a matte surface
- Matte (metallurgy), a term for the liquid generated by smelting non-ferrous metals, such as copper
- A neighborhood in Bern, Switzerland
- "Matte Kudasai",a 1981 single by the band King Crimson
- MATTE, Major Accident to the Environment, term used in EU legislation
- Tom Matte (born 1939), American football player, quarterback in college and (mostly) running back in the NFL (1960s-1970s)
- Matte family, a powerful Chilean family
- Mat, a generic term for a piece of fabric or flat material, generally placed on a floor or other flat surface, and serving a range of purposes
- Mate (disambiguation)
- Matt (disambiguation)
- Matthew (disambiguation)
- Maat (disambiguation)
- Mat (disambiguation)
disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Matte.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.