A matte display is an electronic display with a matte surface. Matte displays feature a light-scattering antireflection layer, which reduces reflectivity at the cost of decreased contrast and color intensity under dimly lit conditions.
- CIE No38-1977: Radiometric and photometric characteristics of materials and their measurement
- CIE No 44-1979: Absolute methods for reflection measurements
- CIE No17.4-1987: International lighting vocabulary, 4th ed. (Joint publication IEC/CIE)
- John C. Stover, Optical Scattering, Measurement and Analysis, SPIE Press, 1995
- Matte and Glossy Monitors – A Clear Difference : Explains the difference between Matte and Glossy screens.
- I work for an LCD manufacturer : Insightful slashdotter on the mathematical significance of screen specs.
|This technology-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|