Hockenheimring - F3 Euro Series 2009
14 February 1989 |
|Formula 3 Euro Series
German Formula Three
British Formula 3
Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0
Formula Renault 2.0 Italy
Matteo Chinosi began his kart racing career at the age of nine. In 2002 he won the International Winter Cup at Lonato (Brescia), the Torneo Industrie at San Pancrazio (Parma) and he finished third in the Italian Open Masters final standings in the ICA-J class.
Chinosi began his single-seater racing car career by driving in the Italian Formula Renault Championship with Prema Powerteam in 2005. He finished 25th in the standings with six points. The following season, Chinosi competed in both the Formula Renault 2.0 Italy and Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0 championships for RP Motorsport. He finished ninth in the Italian series standings, taking nine points-scoring positions in fourteen races, including a podium in the first race at Hockenheim. In the Eurocup, he was a guest driver at Misano.
In 2007, Chinosi stepped up to the ATS Formel 3 Cup with the Ombra Racing team. He finished sixth in the standings after taking four podium places. Also he appeared as a guest driver at Monza in British Formula 3. Chinosi remained in the series for 2008 with Ombra Racing. He finished fifth in the standings with two wins at Hockenheim and the Nürburgring. Again, he was a guest driver at Monza in British Formula 3 where he gained a pole position.
Chinosi moved to Prema Powerteam and the Formula 3 Euro Series in 2009 but left the series pointless after the Zandvoort round. During the same season he finished eleventh in the 2009 Masters of Formula 3 at Zandvoort.
|2005||Formula Renault 2.0 Italy||Prema Powerteam||17||0||0||0||0||6||25th|
|2006||Formula Renault 2.0 Italy||RP Motorsport||15||0||0||0||1||80||9th|
|Eurocup Formula Renault 2.0||2||0||0||0||0||N/A||NC†|
|2007||German Formula Three||Ombra Racing||18||0||0||0||4||77||6th|
|British Formula 3 Championship||2||0||0||0||0||N/A||NC†|
|2008||German Formula Three||16||2||2||0||7||73||5th|
|British Formula 3 Championship||2||0||1||0||0||N/A||NC†|
|2009||Formula 3 Euro Series||Prema Powerteam||8||0||0||0||0||0||23rd|
|Masters of Formula 3||1||0||0||0||0||N/A||11th|
† - As Chinosi was a guest driver, he was ineligible to score points.
- "Formula Renault 2.0 Italy 2006". driverdb.com. Driver Database. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "Formula Renault 2.0 Eurocup 2006". driverdb.com. Driver Database. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "Jim Clark Revival Hockenheimring" (PDF). formel3.de (in German). ATS Formel 3 Cup. 2008-04-26. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "36. ADAC- Zurich 24h-Rennen Nurburgring" (PDF). formel3.de (in German). ATS Formel 3 Cup. 2008-05-24. Retrieved 2009-12-09.
- "Prema Powerteam signs Matteo Chinosi". f3euroseries.com. Formula 3 Euro Series. 2009-04-17. Archived from the original on 5 January 2010. Retrieved 2009-04-17.
- Chinosi career statistics at Driver Database