Allwood playing for the Warriors in 2016.
16 November 1992 |
Scone, New South Wales, Australia
|Height||185 cm (6 ft 1 in)|
|Weight||93 kg (14 st 9 lb)|
As of 21 May 2016
Matthew Allwood (born 16 November 1992) is an Indigenous Australian professional rugby league footballer who currently plays for the New Zealand Warriors in the National Rugby League. He primarily plays centre and wing.
As a youngster, Allwood played for the Country New South Wales Under 17s and Under 18s teams and the New South Wales Combined High Schools team. In 2011 and 2012, Allwood played for the Canberra Raiders' NYC team before moving on to the Raiders' New South Wales Cup team, the Mount Pritchard Mounties in 2013.
In Round 1 of the 2014 season, Allwood made his NRL debut for the Raiders against the North Queensland Cowboys at centre in the Raiders 28-22 loss at 1300SMILES Stadium. In Round 7 against the Melbourne Storm, Allwood scored his first NRL career try in the Raiders 24-22 last minute win at Canberra Stadium. Allwood finished his debut year in the NRL with him playing in 11 matches and scoring a try for the Raiders. Due to an off-field incident, Allwood was released before the season ended.
New Zealand Warriors
On 20 May 2014 it was announced that Allwood had signed a 3-year contract with the New Zealand Warriors starting in 2015. He joined the Warriors when their pre-season began in November 2014.
- Matthew Allwood rugbyleagueproject.org
- "NSWCHS UNIVERSITY SHIELD GRAND FINAL (chs) Farrer M. Ag HS v EagleVale HS,".
- "Matthew Allwood player results, scores, news and statistics". rleague.com. Retrieved 2014-03-08.
- "Raiders rookies Shannon Boyd and Matt Allwood set to make an impression". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Loss to North Queensland Cowboys shows Canberra Raiders where the gaps are". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Canberra Raiders beat Melbourne Storm in NRL thriller". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- Canberra Raiders released Matt Allwood in secret smh.com.au, 11 September 2014
- NRL. "ANNOUNCEMENT | Allgood signed for three years". Warriors. Retrieved 2016-03-31.
- Lee Gaskin. "Canberra Raiders centre Matt Allwood signs with NZ Warriors until 2017". Canberra Times.
- New signings report for duty nrl.com, 13 November 2014