Matthew Bennett (TV producer)
|Other names||Matthew Bennett|
Former stage actor
|Years active||1986–2003 (actor)
From 1986 until 2003, Bennett was an actor in New York City. He made a career on the New York stage in the original productions of Floyd Collins, Titanic (musical), Blood Brothers, Zara Spook and Other Lures, Amour, Radio Gals, Anne Bogart's Marathon Dancing, and the original off-Broadway (Sullivan Street) production of The Fantasticks.
Bennett is the founder of the television and film production company, Silent Crow Arts. He has served as Executive Producer, director and showrunner on a wide range of network and cable television specials, pilots and series, most notably with the creation of the first modern "after show" television format: theDeadliest Catch partner series, After The Catch, for Discovery Channel.
- Spike TV's 52 Favorite Cars (2004)
- FutureCar (2007)
- Ice Road Truckers: Off the Ice (2007)
- After the Climb (2007)
- The Next Big Bang (2008)
- Dark Fellowships: The Vril (2008)
- The Truth About Traffic (2009)
- Understanding Ardi (2009)
- Lobstermen (6 episodes, 2009)
- After The Catch (33 episodes, 2007–2012)
- Deadliest Catch: Revelations (2012)
- The Bait (2013)
- AutoRox Awards (Special, 2005)
- The Great Biker Build Off "Ultimate Chop" (Awards Show, 2005)
- Ballroom Bootcamp (Series, 2005)
- FutureCar (Mini-series, 2007)
- Eco-Tech (Mini-series, 2007)
- The Next Big Bang (Special, 2008)
- Dark Fellowships: The Vril (Special, 2008)
- The Truth About Traffic (Special, 2009)
- Understanding Ardi (Special, 2009)
- After the Catch (Series, 2009–2012)
- Garbage Moguls (4-Part Special, 2009–2010)
- Lobstermen (Series, 2009–2010)
- Mad Scientists (Series, 2011)
- The Bait (Series, 2013)
The theatrical production Ten Years Apart in which Bennett also starred, was created by Bennett and his partner Sean McCourt. St. Paul Pioneer Press called the production "Innovative, but ultimately ineffective," noting that its stars (Matthew Bennett and Sean McCourt) "are both adept musicians, highly adaptable actors and solid singers. Their resumes show accomplishment, and they're both gifted and versatile enough to enjoy good strong careers." The Cincinnati Enquirer called the musical "a wrenching tale of a full life," and said, "Some musicals offer nothing more than an excuse to come in out of the rain. But this play put a hand on my heart... The play got to me. Tears. Hard swallows. Long thoughts."
- "Heads Up". Minneapolis Star-Tribune. September 8, 2000. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Jones, Kenneth. "Floyd Collins Echoes Again at Playwrights Horizons". Playbill. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Simonson, Robert (July 5, 1998). "Matthew Bennett Is Titanic Architect July 6, as Cerveris Moves to Inch". Playbill. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Klein, Alvin (April 12, 1992). "theater review: Fish and Love in 'Zara Spook and Other Lures'". The New York Times. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- "Special Guests: The cast of Radio Gals". prairiehome.publicradio.org. November 16, 1996. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- Brantley, Ben (March 14, 1994). "Review/Theater; In 'Marathon Dancing,' Only Anger Is the Victor". The New York Times. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "theater review: Ten Years Apart". St. Paul Pioneer Press. September 22, 2000. pp. 11E Express. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Demaline, Jackie (April 9, 1999). "Best Bets". Cincinnati Enquirer. pp. W.3. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- "Bennett-McCourt Badger Read in NYC Nov. 29; Ten Years Eyes MN, NYC In 2000". Playbill. November 29, 1999. Retrieved 21 December 2010.
- "After the Catch". TV.Com. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- MacIntyre, April (Apr 20, 2009). "Nat Geo's 'Garbage Moguls' Wednesday, Earth Day a no miss". Monsters & Critics. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Radel, Cliff (April 30, 1999). "Musical is a wrenching tale of a full life". Cincinnati Enquirer. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- Jones, Kenneth (January 8, 1999). "NYC Actress Dorrie Joiner Dead at 39". Playbill. Retrieved 29 December 2010.
- "Marsha Dietlein Bennett Trivia and Quotes". TV.Com. Retrieved 29 December 2010.