3 April 1973|
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Matthew Ferguson (born 3 April 1973) is a Canadian actor.
Life and career
Ferguson made his debut in theatre as "Morgan Moreen" in Geometry in Venice (1989), which garnered him a Dora Mavor Moore Award nomination as Best Featured Actor, then on screen as Simon Henderson in On My Own.
- On My Own (1992) as Simon Henderson
- Love and Human Remains (1993) as Kane
- I Love a Man in Uniform (1993) as Edward Nichols
- The Club (1994) as Darren Spenser
- Life with Billy (1994) as Allan Whynot
- Lives of Girls and Women (1994) as Jerry Storey
- Spenser: Pale Kings and Princes (1994)
- Billy Madison (1995) as Tenth Grader
- Eclipse (1994) as Angelo
- Harrison Bergeron (1995) as Garth Bergeron
- The Deliverance of Elaine (1996)
- Lilies (1996) as Young Bilodeau
- The English Patient (1996) as Young Canadian Soldier
- Uncut (1997) as Peter Cort
- The Wall as (1998) Buelton
- Giving Up the Ghost (1998) as Matthew 'Bulldog' Phelps
- I Shout Love (2001) as Bobby
- Cube 2: Hypercube (2002) as Max Reisler
- Three and a Half (2002) as Sasha the Director
- Owning Mahowny (2003) as Martin
- Street Legal (1992) as Mark (2 episodes)
- La Femme Nikita (1997–2001) as Seymour Birkoff/Jason Crawford (90 episodes)
- An American in Canada (2002–2004) as Derrick (5 episodes)
- Odd Job Jack (2003–2007) as Bobby Lee (voice) (52 episodes)
- Heyn, Christopher. "A Conversation with Matthew Ferguson." Inside Section One: Creating and Producing TV's La Femme Nikita. Introduction by Peta Wilson. Los Angeles: Persistence of Vision Press, 2006. 94-99. ISBN 0-9787625-0-9. In-depth conversation with Matthew Ferguson about his role as Birkoff on La Femme Nikita, as well as his early acting experiences.
- 2003 - ACTRA Toronto Awards: Outstanding Performance - Male for I Shout Love
- 1998 - Gemini Awards: Best Performance by an Actor in a Featured Supporting Role in a Dramatic Series for La Femme Nikita
- 1996 - Genie Awards: Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for Lilies
- 1996 - Genie Awards: Best Performance by an Actor in a Leading Role for Eclipse
- 1994 - Genie Awards: Performance by an Actor in a Supporting Role for Love & Human Remains
- 1993 - Australian Film Institute : Best Actor in a Leading Role for On My Own
- "Interview with Matthew Ferguson". lfnforever.tripod.com. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- Tillson, Tamsen (7 February 2003). "ACTRA awards back". Variety. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "awards database". academy.ca. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "awards database 3". academy.ca. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "awards database 2". academy.ca. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
- "AFI | AACTA | Winners & Nominees | 1990-1999 | 1993". www.aacta.org. Archived from the original on 27 October 2015. Retrieved 14 January 2017.
|This article about a Canadian actor or actress is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|