|Born||6 June 1940|
(m. 1967; div. 1985)
(m. 1989; div. 1993)
|Relatives||Nesta Guinness-Walker (grandson)|
Matthew Guinness (born 6 June 1940) is an English actor. He portrayed the part of the Farmer in the 1976 film Nuts in May, appears in Ridley Scott's The Duellists (1977) and had a small role in 1986's Lady Jane. He has also worked extensively in theatre.
Guinness was born on 6 June 1940 at Denmark Hill Hospital in London, the only child of Alec Guinness (1914–2000) and Merula Salaman (1914–2000); his father was appearing on stage in The Tempest at the Old Vic at the time.
According to his father, Guinness was afflicted with polio early in his life, although he later made a full recovery. Corin Redgrave, who knew Guinness from childhood, claimed that he was very strictly brought up. As a child, he appeared with his father in The Card.
Guinness has been married three times. His first marriage was to Andrée Lefevre, from 1967 to 1985, with whom he has a daughter Sally (Sally appeared in "Star Wars: The Force Awakens" (2015) as an Imperial Officer) and son Samuel. His second marriage was to Helen Lynch, from 1989 to 1993. He has been married to Joanne Bristow since 1996, and they have one daughter, Bethany.
- Piers Paul Read (21 June 2005). Alec Guinness: The Authorised Biography. Simon and Schuster. p. 242. ISBN 978-0-7432-4498-5.
- Kenneth Von Gunden (1987). Alec Guinness: The Films. McFarland. p. 56. ISBN 978-0-89950-205-2.
- Reynolds, Nigel (4 December 2000). "Lady Guinness's art takes centre stage". The Telegraph.
- Garry O'Connor (2002). Alec Guinness: A Life. Applause Theatre & Cinema Books. p. 417. ISBN 978-1-55783-574-1.
- Sam Smith (30 August 2019). "Exclusive interview with AFC Wimbledon prospect Nesta Guiness-Walker on looking to perform on a football pitch – not a stage or the big screen". London News Online. Retrieved 5 October 2019.