The Muscle Club (2008–2010)
Drowners was created after Hitt moved to New York in order to further pursue his career in modelling. Hitt said in 2013 that, "I moved to New York two years ago and met all these boys through boozing with them, basically. We found out that we all played instruments. We all have a common interest in rock 'n roll music and then could go off on our other tangents." The band name was created when Justin Young called Hitt asking if he had a band together and if he wanted to open for his band The Vaccines which had skyrocketed in success rather quickly. The band had not had a name then and Hitt had been listening to The Drowners by Suede when he picked the name. Hitt described his lyrics as "miserable to an upbeat danceable tune".
- Owens, David (17 November 2013). "Drowners frontman Matthew Hitt tipped for stardom in 2014 by Time magazine". WalesOnline.com. Archived from the original on 23 November 2013. Retrieved 8 June 2016.
The 25-year-old model, who has been living in the Big Apple since 2011....
- Nathan Reese (14 October 2013). "Drowners Interview 2013". Refinery29.com. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "Matthew Hitt - Model Profile - Photos & latest news". Models.com. 17 February 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "The Muscle Club". Facebook. Retrieved 5 September 2015.
- "The Muscle Club". Archived from the original on 22 October 2010. Retrieved 2 September 2015.
- "Baeble Interviews Drowners". YouTube. 29 June 2015. Retrieved 5 September 2015.