Matthew Hughes (athlete)
Hughes at the 2016 Olympics
August 3, 1989 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||134 lb (61 kg)|
|Event(s)||Steeplechase, 5000 m|
|Club||Bowerman Track Club|
|Coached by||Jerry Shumacher|
|Achievements and titles|
|Personal best(s)||3000 mS – 8:11.64 (NR, 2013)
5000 m – 13:19.56 (2015)
Matthew Hughes (born August 3, 1989) is a Canadian middle- and long-distance runner. He is the current Canadian record holder for men in the steeplechase, a record which he set at the 2013 World Championships in Athletics.
Hughes is a member of the Bowerman Track Club, a Nike sponsored training group based out of Portland, Oregon coached by Jerry Shumacher.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Matthew Hughes (athlete).|
- Matthew Hughes. nbcolympics.com
- Matthew Hughes profile at IAAF
- "Canadian high jumper Derek Drouin wins bronze at worlds". CBC Sports. August 15, 2013.
- "Canadian 3,000m steeplechase record holder signs with Bowerman Track Club – Canadian Running Magazine". Canadian Running Magazine. November 12, 2015. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- "5 Minutes with Matt Hughes". Runner's World. May 5, 2011. Retrieved June 18, 2016.
- Hossain, Asif (July 11, 2016). "Athletics Canada nominates largest squad to Team Canada for Rio". Canadian Olympic Committee. Retrieved July 11, 2016.
|This biographical article relating to Canadian athletics and track and field is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This University of Louisville-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|