|Occupation||Dating coach, author|
|Get the Guy (2013)|
|Height||5 ft 11 in (180 cm)|
Matthew Hussey (born 19 June 1987 in Essex, England) is a British dating coach, YouTube personality and writer. Hussey has also made many television appearances, including being the matchmaker on NBC's Ready for Love. He has been the resident love expert on the Today Show. In 2013 he released his first book, the New York Times bestseller Get The Guy: Learn Secrets of the Male Mind to Find the Man You Want and the Love You Deserve.
He has had a column in Cosmo magazine since 2015 and offers Get the Guy online tutorials, 7-hour seminars and $4,000 retreats periodically in the UK and the United States. Seminars include diagnostics, gendered advice on how to approach and offers lines and text messages tailored to various situations. The $10,000/hr price tag on his one-on-one coaching has attracted media attention and even controversy. His movie-star looks are often partly credited for the enthusiasm of his numerous female followers.
Get the Guy is a family business managed by Hussey's father Steve Hussey. Hussey's brother Stephen often appears on videos on Hussey's YouTube channel and writes content for Hussey's site.
Hussey's advice to women includes approaching men on the street and in cafés rather than just at bars and to always look their best even on mundane outings. He encourages women to set their standards, be confident but challenging and have a fulfilled life to attract men. He helps women face the challenges of technology-driven dating. He advises that women approach men by asking for a favor.
- Get The Guy: Learn Secrets of the Male Mind to Find the Man You Want and the Love You Deserve (2013)
- Matthew Hussey, "Matthew Hussey's Online Bio", MatthewHussey.com,October 2018
- Stewart, Victoria (7 September 2009). "How to succeed by Matthew Hussey, success coach". Evening Standard. Retrieved 29 March 2013.
- "Ready for Love". NBC. Retrieved 30 March 2013.
- Writer, Shyama Krishna Kumar, Staff (2018-02-11). "Podcast Post: A little dose of laughter and a whole lotta love". GulfNews. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Love Life with Matthew Hussey". www.stitcher.com. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- Hussey, Matthew (2013). Get the Guy: Learn Secrets of the Male Mind to Find the Man You Want and the Love You Deserve. New York, NY: HarperWave. ISBN 0062241745.
- Cowles, Gregory. "Print & E-Books". New York Times.
- "Matthew Hussey". YouTube.
- "(no title)". The Sun.
- "Matthew Hussey on Instagram: "This is my mum. To the rest of the world she is Pauline. A beautiful, intelligent, caring woman. A sister. A daughter. A friend. A role…"". Instagram. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- Atik, Nilufer (2 July 2015). "Would you spend £3,000 on a 'love retreat' for dating advice?" – via www.telegraph.co.uk.
- "This Is What One of London's 'Female Pick-Up Artist' Seminars Is Actually Like". 15 May 2015.
- McMahon, Barbara (2017-07-08). "Why are women paying $10,000 for this man's dating advice?". The Times. ISSN 0140-0460. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "This Is What a 'Female Pickup Artist' Seminar Is Actually Like". Vice. 2015-05-15. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "Dating pro Matthew Hussey charges £8k an hour so women can net the man of their dreams". 21 July 2017.
- "I spent seven hours in Matthew Hussey's 'Get the Guy' seminar". Metro US. 2015-04-29. Retrieved 2018-03-19.
- "Matthew Hussey". Cosmopolitan.
- O'Sullivan, Kyle (2017-11-03). "International love guru blasted for charging £8,000 for 'stating the obvious'". mirror. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Matthew Hussey". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Here Are The Top 4 Traits Men Want in Our Dream Woman (#3 Might Surprise You) | Get The Guy". Get The Guy. 2014-04-23. Retrieved 2018-03-20.
- "Love guru who charges £8,000 reveals the best way for women to entice a man". Retrieved 2018-03-20.