Matthew Kelly (speaker)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
12 July 1973|
|Occupation||Motivational speaker, author, business consultant|
Matthew Kelly (born 12 July 1973 in Sydney, Australia) is a motivational speaker, author, business consultant, and founder of Dynamic Catholic. He is a founding partner at Floyd Consulting, a management consulting firm whose clients include more than 35 Fortune 500 companies. His lecture topics include identifying negative routines and actions in daily life, and the value and positive inspiration of Catholicism on everyday life.
Matthew Kelly was born on 12 July 1973 in Sydney and is the fourth of eight boys. He was raised Catholic, but was "restless and discontent" in his faith until his later teen years, when a family friend encouraged him to look deeper into his faith. This family friend, a physician, challenged him to spend ten minutes each day in a church in prayer. After a few days, Kelly was encouraged to go to daily Mass, where he began to connect more deeply with his faith.
Kelly began speaking at the age of 19, while he was still in college. A professor recorded a speech that Kelly gave for 50 people in his business school, and then began distributing the tapes to other interested students. Since that time, his books have been published in 25 languages, and 12 of them have appeared on the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, or USA Today best-seller lists. His speaking engagements have included travel in more than 50 countries, where he has spoken to millions of people. In 1995, Kelly became the founder of and contributor to the Matthew Kelly Foundation, a charitable organisation. He is also the founder and CEO of Floyd consulting(formerly known as Beresford Consulting) and The Dynamic Catholic Institute.
Kelly's book Rediscover Catholicism (originally published under the title Rediscovering Catholicism) has sold millions of copies worldwide. Kelly's most recent works include a children's book entitled I Know Jesus and a compilation of thoughts entitled The Long View.
In addition to his books, Kelly has produced a number of CD's and DVD's of his talks. He also consults with Fortune 500 companies as a part of Floyd Consulting and speaks at Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose events which are run through The Dynamic Catholic Institute.
The Dynamic Catholic Institute
Kelly founded the Dynamic Catholic Institute in 2009, with the mission of "re-energizing the Catholic Church in America by developing world-class resources that inspire people to rediscover the genius of Catholicism." Since its foundation, The Dynamic Catholic Institute has distributed 5 million books through their book program. The Dynamic Catholic book program offers books, CD's, and other resources that promote spiritual growth to churches for $2–$3 a piece.
Matthew Kelly founded Floyd Consulting based on the ideas in his book The Dream Manager. Floyd is named after the main aspects of his book: Finally Living Out Your Dreams. The consulting firm aims to serve people in the pursuit of their dreams and to help companies engage their employees through "Best Year of Your Life" events, "The Dream Manager Program" webinar, working one-on-one with a "Dream Manager," executive coaching, public workshops, and onsite team events.
- Resisting Happiness, Beacon Publishing, 2016. ISBN 978-1942611912
- Rediscover Jesus, Beacon Publishing, 2015. ISBN 978-1942611196
- I Know Jesus, Beacon Publishing, 2014. ISBN 978-1937509859
- The Long View, Beacon Publishing, 2014. ISBN 978-1937509743
- Decision Point: The Workbook, Beacon Publishing, 2014. ISBN 978-1937509729
- Decision Point: The Leader Guide, Beacon Publishing, 2014. ISBN 978-1937509736
- The Four Signs of a Dynamic Catholic, Beacon Publishing, 2013. ISBN 978-1937509668
- Rediscover Advent, St. Anthony Messenger Press, 2011. ISBN 978-1616361648
- The One Thing, Beacon Publishing, 2011. ISBN 978-0984131884
- Rediscover Lent, St. Anthony Messenger Press, 2011. ISBN 978-1616362379
- Off Balance: Getting Beyond the Work-Life Balance Myth to Personal and Professional Satisfaction, Hudson Street Press, 2011. ISBN 978-1594630811
- Rediscover Catholicism: A Spiritual Guide to Living with Passion, Beacon Publishing, 2010. ISBN 978-1937509675
- Why Am I Here?, Beacon Publishing, 2009. ISBN 978-0984131808
- Perfectly Yourself: 9 Lessons for Enduring Happiness, Ballantine, 2008. ISBN 978-0345494528
- Building Better Families: A Practical Guide to Raising Amazing Children, Ballantine Books, 2008. ISBN 978-0345494535
- The Dream Manager, Hatchette Books, 2007. ISBN 978-1401303709
- The Seven Levels of Intimacy: The Art of Loving and the Joy of Being Loved, Fireside Press, 2007. ISBN 978-0743265126
- The Rhythm of Life: Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose, Touchystone, 2005. ISBN 978-0743265256
- Building Better Families – 5 Practical Ways to Build Family Spirituality, Ballantine Books, 2004. ISBN 978-1932631678
- The Book of Courage, Beacon Publishing, 2003. ISBN 978-1929266104
- The Shepherd: A Modern Parable about Our Search for Happiness, Beacon Publishing, 2001. ISBN 978-1929266074
- Mustard Is Persecution, Matthew Kelly Foundation, 2001. ISBN 978-1929266043
- A Call to Joy – Living in the Presence of God, Matthew Kelly Foundation, 1999. ISBN 978-1929266005
- The Rhythm of Life: An Antidote For Our Busy Age, Beacon Publishing, 1999. ISBN 978-1929266012
- Words from God, Harper Collins, 1997. ISBN 978-0646158297
- Our Father, Harper Collins, 1995. ISBN 978-0646229133
- "Matthew Kelly". The American Program Bureau.
- "About Matthew Kelly". The Matthew Kelly Foundation.
- "About Floyd Consulting". Floyd Consulting.
- Tim Drake (2004). Young and Catholic: The Face of Tomorrow's Church. AuthorHouse. pp. 159–164. ISBN 978-1-928832-93-5.
- Kerry Weber. "the Rapping Priest, the Power Ranger, and the Pope". Catholic Digest. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Christopher Heffron (August 2011). "Matthew Kelly: On Fatih and Fatherhood". St. Anthony Messenger. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Matthew Kelly". Dynamic Catholic.
- Randy Hain. "Father and Husband, Author and Speaker: An Interview with Matthew Kelly". The Integrated Catholic Life.
- Kerry Weber. "A conversation with Matthew Kelly, motivational speaker; author". Catholic Digest.
- "Matthew Kelly". Simon and Schuster.
- Weber, Kerry. "A conversation with Matthew Kelly, motivational speaker; author". Catholic Digest. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Heffron, Christopher (August 2011). "Matthew Kelly: On Faith and Fatherhood". St. Anthony Messenger. Retrieved 5 June 2014.
- "Matthew Kelly". The Catholic Company.
- "Author". The Dream Manager.com.
- "Home Page". The Dynamic Catholic Institute.
- "Matthew Kelly". American Program Bureau.
- "The Matthew Kelly Foundation". Great Non-Profits.
- "Matthew Kelly Biography". All American Speakers.
- "About Matthew Kelly". Hatchette Book Group.
- "Authors and Speakers: Matthew Kelly". Dynamic Catholic.
- "I Know Jesus". Amazon.com.
- "The Long View". Amazon.com.
- "Matthew Kelly Audio CD". Amazon.com.
- Jon Newberry (1 June 2009). "Amend, author Matther Kelly taking 'The Dream Manager' to higher level". Cincinnati Business Courier. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- "Living Every Day with Passion and Purpose". Dynamic Catholic.
- Patricia McGeever. "Matthew Kelly inspires, challenges during 'Passion and Purpose' talk". The Catholic Telegraph. Retrieved 12 June 2015.
- Jesserer Smith, Peter. "St. Louis Archdiocese Embraces the Dynamic Catholic Challenge". National Catholic Register.
- "Mission". The Dynamic Catholic Institute.
- "Mustard Seeds". Saint Aloysius Gonzaga Catholic Church.
- "Dynamic Catholic". Brandon Vogt.
- Kelly, Matthew. The Dream Manager. Hatchette. ISBN 978-1401303709. Retrieved 8 June 2015.
- "About Us". Floyd Consulting.
- "Matthew Kelly's Works". Amazon.com.
- "Matthew Kelly's Works Page 2". Amazon.com.
- "Matthew Kelly's Works Page 3". Amazon.com.
- "Matthew Kelly's Works Page 4". Amazon.com.