This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
August 8, 1974
York, Pennsylvania, United States
|Spouse(s)||Dana Knisely (since 2002)|
|Alma mater||Indiana University of Pennsylvania and Millersville University|
|Occupation||Photographer, Creative Director, and author|
Born in York, Pennsylvania, Knisely attended Indiana University of Pennsylvania and Millersville University majoring in Journalism and Philosophy. He got his start as a TV Photojournalist in his home state at two local TV stations, WGAL-TV and WHTM-TV  in Harrisburg, Pennsylvania. He then ventured to Europe where he worked internationally as a photojournalist with the British Broadcasting Corporation in East Riding, England. While working in Europe, Knisely covered the Good Friday Peace Agreement Talks and Announcement and additionally the Serbian unilateral cease-fire and partial retreat from Kosovo. After returning to the United States, he worked as a reporter in the Midwest.
Knisely ventured back into photojournalism at KTUL-TV in Tulsa, Oklahoma before moving to KNXV-TV  in Phoenix, Arizona. Most notably while at KNXV-TV he and Correspondent Jonathan Elias reported on the compelling images and stories of national unrest during the "Beltway sniper" attacks in the Mid-Atlantic United States. In late 2002, Knisely became the Director of Photography at KMSP/WFTC-TV the FOX duopoly in Minneapolis, Minnesota where he was a mentor and leader to a group of 34 full-time photojournalists and 7 full-time editors. In 2005 he covered the Death of Pope John Paul II, the Papal Conclave, and election of Pope Benedict XVI for FOX News Channel. In 2007 he and his staff led KMSP-TV in Minneapolis to national honors, when the station was named runner-up as the National Press Photographers Association's Station of the year as one of the best stations in the country for television photography. Additionally in 2007 and 2008 KMSP-TV became one of the most successful FOX Affiliates in the country. Knisely has a reputation as a skilled TV Photojournalist and motivator in the business. His work alone has won many honors, including: Associated Press Southwest Press Photographer of the Year; 20 Emmy Awards; 2 RTNDA Edward R. Murrow Awards and more than 70 Regional and National Awards.  
In 2008, Knisely left KMSP/WFTC-TV to start Good World Creative a Creative Consultant Firm for Non-Profits and to serve as Director of Communications and Media for Lawton First Assembly in Oklahoma. He additionally worked as Global Creative Director of Marketing for ACTIVE Network, a San Diego technology solutions company. Currently, Matt works for Gateway Church as their Creative Director. He is also the Author of Framing Faith: From Camera to Pen, An Award-Winning Photojournalist Captures God in a Hurried World a book by HarperCollins Christian publishing that helps connect the seemingly unconnected that lead us to a better life and reveals how to be present in the moment. Besides being an award winning photojournalist and team builder, Knisely has been a speaker internationally, at numerous universities, and industry conferences.
- The ARC Website states Knisely was a photojournalist at WHTM ABC 27
- Broadcast & Cable states Knisely moved from KTUL-TV Tulsa to KNXV-TV Phoenix as a TV Photojournalist
- B-Roll.net (states Knisely left KNXV-TV to become Director of Photography for KMSP/WFTC-TV.)
- "When Mourning Becomes Television" by Matthew Knisely, News Photographer, June 2005, page 46. (Author states that Knisely is Director of Photography for KMSP/WFTC-TV.)
- "Tapeless In Topeka" by Karin Schwanbeck, News Photographer, January 2006, page 37-41. (Author states that Knisely is Director of Photography for KMSP/WFTC-TV and oversees one of the largest Photography Departments in the US.)
- Signature Stories produced by KMSP TV, February 2007. (Media source credits Knisely is Director of Photojournalism for KMSP/WFTC-TV)
- "When Mourning Becomes Television" by Matthew Knisely, News Photographer, June 2005, page 46. (Author states that Knisely covered the Death of Pope John Paul II and Election of Pope Benedict XVI for FOX News in Rome Italy.)
- Shilts Named POY, Shea Is EOY; Stations Of The Year Winners
- KMSP celebrates its highest rating
- Lambert to the Slaughter | Brian Lambert on Media and Culture | Mpls.St.Paul Magazine + mspmag.com: The February '08 TV Ratings: Last of a Breed
- UDDANNELSE TV2 of Denmark states Knisely is a distinguished TV Photojournalist.
- Photojournalists On The MoveLawton Constitution Article: 'Wavy wall' latest ministry tool at First Assembly
- STORY Conference Author states that Knisely is the Creative Director and Chief Storyteller for ACTIVE Network
- Gateway Church states Knisely was the Creative Director of ACTIVE Network
- Gateway Church states Knisely is the Creative Director.
- Amazon states Knisely wrote this book for HarperCollins
- UDDANNELSE TV2 of Denmark states Knisely was speaker and took part in the Best of the Twin Cities Video "festival" of work by the best of the best. The Center For Journalistisk Kompetenceudvikling states Knisely is a highly decorated TV Photojournalist and frequent speaker in educating Danish Journalists and additionally mentions his vivid editing style.
- The University of Minnesota, Brown College, Millersville University, ONPA Ohio Press Photographer Association (page 3) state Knisely has been guest lecturer, and The National Press Photographer Association(state's Knisely is one of several visual journalists who are arguably the best in the world)
- Echo Media Conference,Cultivate Conference,Story Chicago