Matthew Lloyd (cyclist)
Lloyd at the 2008 Liège–Bastogne–Liège
|Full name||Matthew Lloyd|
|Born||24 May 1983|
|Height||1.71 m (5 ft 7 in)|
|Weight||62 kg (137 lb)|
|Current team||Jelly Belly–Maxxis|
|Rider type||Climbing specialist|
|Giro d'Italia |
Tour of Wellington (2005)
Matthew Lloyd (born 24 May 1983) is an Australian professional road bicycle racer, who rides for the Jelly Belly–Maxxis team. Lloyd is the first Australian cyclist to win a King of the Mountains competition in a grand tour. He turned professional in 2007 with the Predictor-Lotto team, after riding for the SouthAustralia.com/AIS team. He was an Australian Institute of Sport scholarship holder.
Lloyd was released by Omega Pharma-Lotto in April 2011 for "behavioural reasons" rather than a drug problem.
Lloyd signed a two-year deal with Lampre–ISD in November 2011.
- 1st Stage 12 Herald Sun Tour
- 1st Under-23 National Criterium Championships
- 1st Overall Tour of Wellington
- 1st Stage 5
- 3rd Grafton–Inverall
- 1st Stage 1 Tour of Japan
- 1st Stage 5 Herald Sun Tour
- 1st Trofeo Alcide De Gasperi
- 1st Stage 5 Tour of Wellington
- 1st Stage 3 Rhonde de Soulore-Oubisque
- 3rd Overall Baby Giro
- 4th Overall Tour Down Under
- 1st National Road Race Championships
- 4th Giro dell'Emilia
- 7th Overall Settimana Coppi e Bartali
- 6th National Road Race Championships
- 1st Stage 6 Giro d'Italia
- 2nd National Road Race Championships
Grand Tour general classification results timeline
|Tour de France||—||—||46||47||—||DNF||—|
|Vuelta a España||—||DNF||50||—||—||—||—|
|—||Did not compete|
|DNF||Did not finish|
- "Lampre-Merida (LAM) – ITA". UCI World Tour. Union Cycliste Internationale. Retrieved 6 January 2013.
- Weislo, Laura (6 January 2014). "Matthew Lloyd returns with Jelly Belly". Cyclingnews.com. Future plc. Retrieved 24 April 2014.
- AIS Athletes at the Olympics Archived 6 June 2011 at the Wayback Machine
- Farrand, Stephen (14 April 2011). "Omega Pharma-Lotto release Matt Lloyd". Cycling News. Future Publishing Limited. Retrieved 14 April 2011.
- "Lloyd signs for Lampre-ISD". Cycling News. Future Publishing Limited. 18 November 2011. Retrieved 4 January 2012.
Media related to Matthew Lloyd at Wikimedia Commons
|This biographical article relating to Australian cycling is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|